Hogsmeade: Year 3

Amisty couldn't help it. She had told her friends of the news, leaving out the part about the meeting -- she didn't want to worry them -- and now she was writing a letter. A letter to Draco, obviously.

Dear 'Yo Draco,

That felt weird. It might take me awhile to get used to the fact that I actually know who I'm writing to now. Anyways, the reason behind the letter! Other than starting this up again, of course. I don't quite know why, but someone has signed my Hogsmeade form. I can go for the Halloween visit! I'm very excited, though a little nervous since I'm supposed to be meeting the person who has signed my form. I'll be safe, I assume, Professor McGonagall wouldn't tell me to do something that wasn't safe, right? Anyways, I know you're planning on going. I guess I'll be seeing you there occasionally... not entirely sure if we'll be able to talk. Maybe, Hermione doesn't seem to mind you very much. But Ron, I'm not as sure with him. Of course, Harry won't be going, I felt awful when I told him the news. Oh, I'm rambling now, sorry.

See you at Hogsmeade, Amisty

She finished her letter quickly, blowing impatiently on the ink to make it dry faster before folding it and tucking it away into an envelope.

It was just before dinner, Amisty and Hermione were spending it in their dormitory, working in comfortable silence.

Crookshanks leaped up on her bed beside, rubbing his head against her arm.

"Hi, Crookshanks! Can I help you?" Amisty cooed, running her fingers down the cat's head.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Amisty. He hasn't been able to sit still all day," Hermione looked up from where she was sitting, letting out a heavy sigh.

"It's alright, Hermione, I'm glad to see he likes me," Amisty replied lightheartedly, reaching for a piece of string with her free hand and tapping the space on her bed.

Echo, who had been perched on one of the posters of her bed, flew down and landed where she had gestured, holding out her leg. She stroked the owl's head gently. Crookshanks sat up, watching as Amisty tied the letter to the tawny's leg quickly and resuming his head rubbing when she finished.

Echo hooted indignantly, swatting her wing across Crookshanks's nose lightly before she flew out the window. Amisty and Hermione traded glances before bursting out in laughter.

"I guess Echo thinks she has some competition," Amisty grinned, shaking her head.

"She's just claiming who's her's, I suppose," Hermione nodded, heading over with her Charms textbook.

She took a seat on Amisty's bed, picking Crookshanks up and placing him on her lap.

"So, how do you feel about you being able to visit Hogsmeade?"

"I'm excited, I wasn't expecting it at all," Amisty beamed, her smile faltering slightly at the memory of the crumpled parchment in her bag.

"What is it?" Hermione asked, marking her page and closing the book so her attention was focused on her friend.

"Here," She leaned off the side of her bed, rifling through her bag, pulling out the parchment, and handing it over. "I'm supposed to be visiting someone... at Cabin Seventeen, to be exact."

"Amisty, I feel like you just attract anonymous people. Did you even think of asking Professor McGonagall who you would be visiting?" Hermione scolded, turning the parchment over as if she were looking for other writing.

"Of course I tried! You have such little faith in me... She wouldn't tell me anything else," She replied defensively, taking the paper back more harshly than necessary.