The Dark Mark: Year 4/Summer

"There's people attacking the camp!" Amisty shouted, pushing through the opening of tent.

Hermione and Ginny clearly understood the severity of the situation now, as the sounds of drunken yelling and laughter and insults much louder than they had been before, and the screams much more prominent as more people became aware of what was happening.

"Just put on jackets, there's no time!" She yelled, scared out of her mind for reasons she didn't quite understand.

The situation felt too familiar, too much like something she had experienced before.

"Amisty, you need to calm down," Hermione, her jacket already on, hurried toward her, holding up the wrist with the bracelet.

It was glowing gold.

"I know, I know," She breathed, trying to calm herself down. "I don't know what's wrong."

The gold faded slightly, even though the color still pulsed occasionally with each spike in her pulse.

The three of them headed outside to find that the small silhouettes of the group had gotten much closer in the little time they had been inside their tents.

Now that they were closer, Amisty felt a cold shiver down her spine at the sight. They were definitely all wizards, wands pointed up as they marched across the field. Masks covered their faces, keeping their identities a secret.

There was another flash, this one bright green, that illuminated the four horrid scene further.

Two seemed to be children, the others adults struggling against the magical bonds moving them without their consent.

Every now and then more wizards would join the crowd, laughing and pointing at the captives. Tents fell and were trampled, a few being blasted out of the way by spells and catching fire as the screams steadily grew in volume.

Her hands flew to her mouth when the flames lit up the faces of the people.

It was Mr. Roberts, the campsite manager whom they had spoken to earlier that day. So that must mean the other three were his wife and children. One of the marchers flipped Mrs. Roberts upside down, her nightdress falling and exposing her drawers.

She tried desperately to cover herself up as the crowd below hooted and laughed.

"That's sick. That is really sick..." Ron's familiar reached her ears and she forced herself to move forward, swallowing the bile in her mouth.

The youngest child was spinning like a top now, his head limp.

She almost fell into Harry, her eyes squeezed shut as she tried to erase the sight in front of her.

"Amisty, Amisty, you're okay, you're okay," He whispered, wrapping his arms around her tight.

"We're going to help the Ministry! You lot -- get into the woods, and stick together. I'll come fetch you when we've sorted this out!" Mr. Weasley shouted over to them.

She looked up, spotting Charlie, Bill, and Percy all fully dressed, wands drawn and sleeves rolled up.

"C'mon," Fred grabbed Ginny's hand and led the way toward the woods.

Harry gently pushed Amisty away from him, only a few steps behind as Hermione joined her and started to guide her behind them.

They looked back once they reached the trees, seeing that the crowd had grown and a group of Ministry wizards were struggling to break through.