Transformed: Year 1

"Speaking of followers, here's one now," Malfoy smirked, crossing his arms as he looked at her.

Amisty slipped her hands under her robes, hoping that her clenched fists would go unnoticed under the billowing fabric.

"What do you mean by that?" She asked, taking a deep breath to regain her self control.

It didn't help, she was still bristling at the sight of him.

"Oh, don't pretend you didn't hear me," He replied, clearly aware of her growing anger towards him.

"I have no idea what you're on about. I'm not Harry's follower, I'm his friend. You should try them sometime," She started to walk past him, only to be stopped by his arm. Burning with anger.

"Rumor has it that you need to take a potion every morning. Don't tell me you didn't hear me talking," He whispered in her ear.

She stiffened.

How did he of all people find out. Crabbe and Goyle had disappeared.

"What..." She murmured back, feigning confusion.

He saw right through her lie.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about," He countered.

Amisty swallowed, hard. Her mind was running amok with wild thoughts and her teeth ground together.

"So what? It's just a potion!" She pulled out of his grasp, shoving him and taking a step back.

"You're a freak, you know that?" He replied, raising an eyebrow.

She felt something in her chest, like a stone weighing her down.

"I'm not a freak, I'm just different. Personally I think having advanced ears is pretty helpful," She glared at him, taking a step forward.

"Why don't you add your little hearing problem to your sob-story? It'll make people feel even more sorry for little orphan Amisty," He snapped.

"Is family all you ever think about? So what if my hearings weird! So what if I don't know who my parents are! Knock, knock! They're dead. D-E-A-D. Why else would I be an orphan, hm? So what if I live on the streets, I'm clearly a better person than you'll ever be!" Her voice had started at a shout, before she quieted down after taking into account the silent hallway. "Stop thinking you're better than everyone else just because you're a 'pureblood' and your family's rich."

"Better watch your mouth, you don't know what I can do," He growled, narrowing his eyes.

"Hah, what are you gonna do? Take away my home? Good luck with that. Expel me? At least I won't have to see you ever again. Bully me? My insults are far better than yours, clearly. Sue me? Don't have any money for you to get rid of. How do you not get that I'm not scared of you. There is literally nothing you can do," She growled, stomping toward him and jabbing his chest.

"My father is a very powerful wizard. I can ruin your life," He threatened, looking down at her.

Even though the extra food had helped her on growing, it was nothing to the height of someone pampered his entire life.

"You go do that, let's see what else you can screw up!" She spat, storming away and making her way to what she assumed was the common room.

"River!" He shouted after her, only for her to respond with the back of her hand.

She was done.

-=+=-

Apparently wandering around when you're furious isn't a very bright idea. In only the span of a few minutes, she was hopelessly lost.