Beetle In A Jar: Year 4

Sunshine glowed on their backs as the four of them walked down to Hagrid's cabin. They no longer had anymore Defense Against the Dark Arts classes, after all.

Fang came running the second them came into view, barking like bad and tail waving a mile a minute.

"Who's that?" Hagrid called curiously, poking his head out the door and then catching sight of them. "Harry!"

He hurried toward them, throwing an arm over Harry's shoulder and ruffling his hair with his free hand. "Good ter see yeh, mate. Good ter see yeh."

He let them inside, and they were greeted with the sight of two massive cups and saucers on Hagrid's table.

"Bin havin' a cuppa with Olympe. She's jus' left," He explained at their confused expressions.

"Who?" Ron's head tilted.

"Madame Maxime, o' course!" Hagrid replied brightly.

"You two made up, have you?" Ron replied.

"Dunno what yeh're talkin' about," Hagrid replied, a giddy air to his voice as he got more cups for them.

Tea soon filled the cups, accompanied with rather doughy cookies, and Hagrid sat down, surveying Harry.

"You all righ'?" He asked.

"Yeah," Harry replied instantly, the answer he always had for anyone who asked him. Even his friends.

"No, yeh're not. 'Course yeh're not. But yeh will be," Hagrid shook his head, continuing when Harry said nothing. "Knew he was goin' ter come back. Known it fer years, Harry. KNew he was out there, bidin' his time. It had ter happen. Well, now it has, an' we'll jus' have ter get on with it. We'll fight. Migh' be able ter stop him before he gets a good hold. That's Dumbledore's plan, anyway. Great man, Dumbledore. 'S long as we've got him, I'm not too worried."

They stared at him in disbelief, shocked.

"No good sittin' worryin' abou' it. What's comin' will come, an' we'll meet it when it does. Dumbledore told me wha' you did, Harry. Yeh did as much as yer father would've done, an' I can' give yeh no higher praise than that."

When Harry smiled, Amisty barely stifled her gasp in time.

He hadn't smiled at all, not once, not even a hint all month.

"What's Dumbledore asked you to do, Hagrid? He sent Professor McGonagall to ask you and Madame Maxime to meet him -- that night," Harry asked.

"Got a little job fer me over the summer. Secret, though. I'm not supposed ter talk abou' it, no, not ever ter you lot. Olympe -- Maxime Maxime ter you -- might be comin' with me. I think she will. Think I got her persuaded," Hagrid beamed.

"Is it to do with Voldemort?" He asked,

At the name, they all flinched except Harry. "Migh' be. Now... who'd like ter come an' visit the las' skrewt with me?"

They stared at him, the beginning of a glare or scowl on their faces.

"I was jokin', jokin'!"

-=+=-

The Leaving Feast arrived, but instead of the Great Hall being covered in House Colors it was covered in black. A mark of respect to Cedric.

Moody was sitting in his seat now, looking around even more, twitching at every noise.

The seat usually occupied by Karkaroff was empty, and Madame Maxime was sitting next to Hagrid as they spoke softly to each other.

Dumbledore stood, and the chatter in the Great Hall broke off very suddenly.