Mimbulus Mimbletonia: Year 5

Bang!

Amisty leaped out bed, staring at the ceiling. What on earth were the twins doing this time?

"What a lovely thing to wake up to in the morning," Hermione yawned from her own bed, peering out the window in watch of Hedwig.

"Tell me about it," Ginny groaned, standing up on her bed and pounding her fists on the ceiling in retaliation.

They got dressed quickly, double-checking their trunks and looking after their animals. Echo hooted from inside her cage sleepily, ruffling her feathers to wake herself up.

Hermione scooped up Crookshanks -- he didn't seem very happy about it -- and they left the room.

They rushed downstairs, dragging their trunks down the steps as Amisty keeping her ears open for whatever the twins were scheming.

"Duck!" She shrieked, the familiar sound of levitated objects flying toward them.

Hermione managed to get down in time, but Ginny, being the one closest to the attack, went flying.

"Sorry, Gin!" George called.

"Oh, sweet Merlin..." Amisty whispered.

"Ginny!" Hermione shouted, and the two of them raced down the remaining steps to where she was lying, her brown eyes dazed.

"FRED -- GEORGE -- " Mrs. Weasley bellowed, and Amisty took it upon herself to get out of the room as quickly as possible before the painting started screeching as well.

Hermione and she abandoned their trunks at the front hall and hurried off to the kitchen, finding Tonks, Moody, Lupin, Mr. Weasley, and Sirius waiting in the kitchen, handing out haphazardly made slices of toast and coffee.

" -- COULD HAVE DONE HER SERIOUS INJURY, YOU IDIOTS -- "

" -- FILTHY HALF-BREEDS, BESMIRCHING THE HOUSE OF MY FATHERS -- "

So the painting had awoken.

Yay.

"Where is Sturgis?" Moody growled, checking his watch irritably. "We can't leave without him, the guard'll be one short."

Mrs. Weasley was walking Ginny into the kitchen, setting her down at the table and pulling out her wand, "We'll have to leave without him, Alastor, or we'll miss the train!"

Hedwig flew into the kitchen, landing on Hermione's shoulder with a letter tied to her leg.

"Oh, hi, Hedwig," Hermione unrolled the string, turning to Amisty. "I'm gonna go drop her off to Harry."

" -- HALF-BREEDS, MONSTERS, TRAITORS -- "

Amisty winced, "Yeah, go on ahead."

Hermione rushed away, Hedwig on her shoulder and Crookshanks still squirming in her arms.

"Sorry about the painting, Amisty," Lupin smiled apologetically. "There's just no use in closing the curtains with all the noise."

She nodded grudgingly.

"Honestly, those two..." Mrs. Weasley was muttering crossly under her breath, healing Ginny's bruises as the girl's dazed expression slowly faded and disappearing out the kitchen door again.

Just as she left the twins entered, throwing sheepish grins at their sister.

Amisty jumped as a wet nose pressed against the back of her knee.

"Sirius?" She exclaimed, spinning around to stare at the now massive dog sitting behind her.

He wagged his tail and winked, tongue hanging out of his mouth.