The Troll: Year 1

The two girls were sitting in the Gryffindor common room, textbooks open in front of them as Amisty waited for Harry to return.

She had just finished explaining what had happened earlier, the shock on Hermione's face was eminent. She just stared wordlessly, before a small laugh escaped her lips and she covered her mouth with her hand quickly.

"What?" Amisty asked, a slight smile appearing on her face also.

"It's just, you're so fierce with Draco, but when you're with us, or anyone else really, you're about as fierce as a bunny," Hermione laughed, her brown eyes flickering with amusement. A

misty laughed brightly, and soon the girls were laughing until their sides ached.

"I just feel, tense, I guess, whenever I'm around him. He gets under my skin, very easily," Amisty shrugged after they stopped laughing.

"So, what do you want to do now? We have the rest of the day off!" Hermione asked, looking at Amisty excitedly.

Amisty blinked, pondering, "You wanna practice spells?"

"Why not?" Hermione pulled out her charms book and the girls headed up to the dormitory, wands at the ready.

-=+=-

Amisty and Hermione were walking to the Great Hall, Amisty fighting the urge to run to see if Harry was there. When they reached the entrance, she gave up resisting, and threw herself at him.

"You're here!" She grinned, hugging him tightly.

"Why wouldn't I be?" he replied, laughing and hugging her back.

Amisty pushed her hair behind her ears slowly, and blinked, "Because Madame Hooch said tha-"

"Professor McGonagall invited me to be Gryffindor's Seeker!" Harry cut her off, grinning happily.

Amisty gaped at him, sitting down and dragging him down with her.

"H-how?" was all she managed to say.

Harry just shrugged and turned to the twins, who had just come into the Great Hall.

Not wanting to pry, Amisty switched her focus to Hermione.

That is until Amisty's ears caught the sound of three sets of footsteps. Hermione desperately tried to keep Amisty interested in the conversation, but it was too late, Amisty had already turned around.

A growl rumbled in her throat as she spotted Draco, her eyes illuminating with green fire.

"Having a last meal, Potter? When are you getting the train back to the Muggles?" Draco sneered.

"You're a lot braver now that you've got your little friends with you" Harry replied.

Amisty grinned slightly, ignoring the menacing looks Crabbe and Goyle were giving her.

"I'd take you on anytime on my own," Draco scowled, "Tonight, if you want. Wizards duel. Wands only- no contact. What's the matter? Never heard of a wizard's duel before, I suppose?"

"Of course he has. I'm his second, who's yours?" Ron snarled, butting in before Amisty could even open her mouth.

Draco glanced and Crabbe and Goyle, not that it did much difference, they both probably had a brain the size of a peanut.

"Crabbe. Midnight alright? We'll meet you in the trophy room; that's always unlocked" Draco replied, turning his gaze onto Amisty.

She bit her tongue to keep from speaking, squeezing her hands together tightly.