Good Riddance Norbert: Year 1

Amisty was beyond overjoyed to have more things to worry about.

Thank Hagrid for that. Totally needed to add an illegal dragon to the list of stress.

"Wonder what it's like to have a peaceful life," Ron exhaled, getting a nod from Amisty in return.

She was pouring over her textbooks, struggling to cram all the information in her brain. Hermione and her had lugged their books to the dining table at every opportunity.

She was halfway through reviewing what asphodel was for the twelfth time that morning when Harry poked her shoulder.

"What?" She hissed, a little peeved that he had dragged her attention away from her studying.

"The dragon's hatching," He whispered back, excitement glowing in the depths of his green eyes.

"Hermione, how many times in our lives are we going to see a dragon hatching." Ron argued, his frustration bubbling to the surface.

Amisty caught a flash of platinum hair from the corner of her eye, and she furiously shook her head to quiet her friends.

They didn't see her.

"We've got lessons, we'll get into trouble, and that's nothing to what Hagrid's going to be in when someone finds out what he's doing --" Hermione started.

"Shut up!" Harry spat, interrupting her mid sentence.

Amisty's head fell into her hands, pleading that Malfoy hadn't heard anything. When she looked up, horror washed over her as she caught sight of the small, evil smirk was on his face.

Her heart sank into her shoes.

He heard everything. Absolutely everything.

Her heart didn't rise up all throughout the Herbology lesson, not even on the walk to Hagrid's hut did it move from its new home in her feet.

She forced an excited smile as her friend appeared out of his hut, eyes gleaming.

"It's nearly out." He whispered, herding the four of them inside.

Amisty's false smile quickly changed into a true one. Long, deep crevasses criss-crossed along the smooth black egg, tarnishing the perfect surface.

A soft tapping noise sounded from inside it, and she dragged a chair up next to the table to watch.

Then, it happened. A harsh grinding noise flooded the cabin, before the pieces split apart and a little baby dragon fell onto the table. Shiny black wings much bigger than the baby's body emerged from its sides, its long snout and horns adding to the terrifyingly cute image.

As well as it's massive apricot colored eyes that darted around the hut. A little gasp escaped Amisty's mouth as it let out a tiny sneeze and brilliant sparks swirled out of its nostrils before dissipating into the air.

"Isn't he beautiful?" Hagrid whispered, reaching out to stroke the top of the dragon's head.

Its head flew upwards, mouth wide to bite at his fingers, exposing the little white fangs.

"Bless him, look, he knows his mummy." Hagrid smiled, happiness coming off him in waves.

"Hagrid... How fast do Norwegian Ridgebacks grow, exactly?" Hermione asked uncertainly, though she was equally amazed as the rest of them.

Hagrids mouth opened to reply, before his eyes widened and his face paled. He ran to the window, quickly followed by the four students.

"What's the matter?" Amisty pressed, struggling to get a view as he was blocking the way.