Final Match: Year 3

As the Gryffindor team entered the Great Hall, they were greeted by a tremendous amount of applause from not only their table, the Hufflepuffs, and Ravenclaws as well.

The Slytherin table, however, was hissing and snarling as they walked by.

Expected.

Amisty glanced over at the said table, catching sight of a very pale Draco.

Well, a paler Draco.

She didn't know if she wanted to smirk, reassure, or laugh. So, she decided to send him a small, discreet glance.

Anyone else would've thought she was just looking around.

He caught it, though.

She barely saw Harry. Wood sat there urging everyone to eat with his empty plate, and then dragged them off to the Quidditch field before she had even touched her food to yet another round of applause.

Once breakfast finished, she raced up to the girls' dormitory and threw on layer after layer of scarlet and gold.

The most Gryffindor outfit she owned, as Draco would say.

A bright red sweater with a gold stripe down the center, gold skirt, maroon boots and, of course, her striped scarf and the leaf crown Harry had given her last Christmas.

Hopefully, it would give him some kind of reassurance.

Hermione, adorned in all scarlet and rosettes with three Gryffindor flags clutched tight in her hands, grinned broadly at her as she came down.

The two of them joined Ron, dressed in scarlet as well, and raced down to the Quidditch pitch. It was a sea of red, with only a slight smidge of green toward the end of the Slytherin goalposts.

They took their seats, grabbing a banner from Seamus and Dean and sticking it high up into the air as the Gryffindor team walked onto the field. The tension was heavy, even with the lively chatter around the stadium.

"And here are the Gryffindors! Potter, Bell, Johnson, Spinnet, Weasley, Weasley, and Wood. Widely acknowledged as the best team Hogwarts has seen in a good few years -- " Lee Jordan shouted into the mic.

The rest of his speech was cut off by the loud chorus of 'boos' from the Slytherin end.

"And here come the Slytherin team, led by Captain Flint. He's made some changes in the lineup and seems to be going for size rather than skill -- " Once more his commentary was overrun by the Slytherins.

But, Lee wasn't wrong. Malfoy, to Amisty's delight, was very tiny compared to everyone else.

"Captains, shake hands!" Madam Hooch ordered. Flint and Wood shook hands stiffly, looking ready to kill.

"Mount your brooms! Three... two... one..." The sound of her whistle was drowned out by the loud roar of the crowd as the teams took off.

Amisty was on the edge of her seat, listening and watching closely.

"And it's Gryffindor in possession, Alicia Spinnet of Gryffindor with the Quaffle, heading straight for the Slytherin goalposts, looking good, Alicia! Argh, no -- Quaffle intercepted by Warrington, Warrington of Slytherin tearing up the field -- WHAM! -- nice Bludger work there by George Weasley, Warrington drops the Quaffle, it's caught by -- Johnson, Gryffindor back in possession, come on, Angelina -- nice swerve around Montague -- duck, Angelina, that's a Bludger! -- SHE SCORES! TEN-ZERO TO GRYFFINDOR!" Lee shouted, throwing a fist into the air.

Angelina let out a loud yell of delight, soaring around the edge of the field with the Gryffindor side screaming themselves hoarse when.

"OUCH!"