The One Part 3

Liam POV:

"So... who was he?" ,I asked as we got into the car

"He was...I don't know." ,she responded looked down. 

"You two looked close." ,I asked putting the key in the ignition and turning on the car. 

"I've never meet him before." ,she said quietly. 

"Are you sure?" 

Taylor POV:

Was he accusing me of lying??? 

"I'm sorry but are you saying that i'm lying?!" ,I said angrily.

"Well you are wearing his jacket." ,he said.

"Maybe if you had been out sooner he wouldn't have offered it."

"So you admit you like him?"

"NO! I never said that! Gosh what's wrong with you! If you don't trust me...pull the car over." ,I was yelling at this point.

"What?" ,he asked confused

"Pull the car over." ,I said and he pulled over. Once it was stopped I unbuckled my seat and got out clutching the jacket over me.

It was only about another mile to my house and I didn't want to have to deal with him anymore.

"Taylor, baby what are you doing?" ,he asked slowly cruising along side the road as I began walking.

"Don't call me that." ,I told him.

"Well what are you doing?"

"Walking home."

"You're being stupid. Get back in the car."

"No."

"Taylor-"

"I can walk home myself. Leave." 

He sighed angrily as I continued walking not making eye contact with him. 

"Fine. Whatever." ,he said speeding off. 

Joe POV:

"Mom? Can we leave?" ,I asked. It was 8:00 and I was getting tired of just sitting there. 

"Sure Joe." ,she said handing me the keys. 

This was normal, we go to a restaurant for a couple hours. 8:00 I'm allowed to leave and my mom and dad usually come home around 9:30. 

"Thanks." ,said pushing in my chair and leaving. It had gotten colder and I didn't have my jacket but it didn't matter. 

When I got into the car I turned up the heat as high as it would go and headed out of the parking lot. 

I hit the highway, making a left. Shoot. I had gone the wrong way. I kept heading forward for someplace to turn around when I saw someone walking on the side walk on the side of the road.

She was wearing something the looked a lot like my jacket, wait, it was my jacket. I wondered why Taylor was walking on the side of the road. The last time I saw her she was getting into some car with some other guy.

Not paying attention, I almost passed a red light stopping right in time. As I stopped, Taylor stopped to, not seeing me, waiting for the light.

Quickly rolling down my window, "Taylor!" ,I shouted.

Taylor POV:

Hearing people call my name is common but I recognized this voice. I looked to my left and saw Joe.

"Joe." ,I said surprised.

"Need a ride home?" ,he asked

"I think I can make it home myself." ,I said smiling.

"Wrong." ,he said. "You are suppose to say, 'yes Joe. Thank you.'"

I blushed again knowing he couldn't see it.

"Get in." ,he said reaching over the seat and opening the door.

Finally, I got in, his car was hot and felt nice to be in.

"So..." ,he said as the light turning green and him turning the car on. "Where do you live?"

"Um...make a right up here." ,I explained motioning with my finger.

"Want to talk about it." ,he asked glancing over at me, making the right.

"Not really." ,I said fidgeting with the silver ring on my thumb.

Silence.

"Oh. Right here." ,I said pointing at my house and Joe pulled up to it.

He stopped and I unbuckled my seat reaching for the door he touched my arm and I turned to look at him.

"Before you go. Can we hang out some time."  ,he asked and I couldn't help but notice how shy he looked.

"Yeah. I'd like that." ,I said. "And thank you for the ride."

"Any time." 

Then again, I tried to give him the coat he had given me.

"You keep it." ,he explained. "It looks better on you."

I blushed any and opened the door of the car getting out of the car and going back into my house. I smiled to myself. Maybe this wouldn't be such a bad year after all.