The One Part 82

Taylor POV:

As you could probably assume, the next few months were pure chaos. Lily had gotten her cast off and was waddling around everywhere, and it didn't help that the kids were always forgetting to close the baby gates. Jack was turning into a little monster, getting in trouble at day school for hitting other kids, and not following rules. David had ADHD so he always needed to be active, and we were getting a fence put up in the backyard for him. Daisy was following Patricia around everywhere, which she didn't like and would start yelling at Daisy for. And Patricia was apparently still dating her boyfriend who's name, from Daisy's understanding, was Micheal. I needed Joe. 

"Mommy, make Daisy stop following me around." , Patricia shouted.

"Mommy, make DAisy stop following me around." , Daisy mimicked.

"Waaaaaaah!" , David screamed from outside. "Jack hit me!" 

Lily looked around curiously at the mess and caused her own trouble just then by deciding to throw up on the floor. 

"Jack, don't hit your brother. Daisy, why don't you give Patricia some space, and Lily...", then I ran to get a towel and some other items to clean the floor. 

"Something smells funny!" , Daisy exclaimed.

After cleaning up Lily and changing her, I put on some gloves and began washing the carpet. It was Saturday so the kids didn't have school today. I knew I needed to change the floor from carpet to hardwood so it would be easier to clean, but there was really no time anymore.

When I thought things couldn't get worse, I heard a knock on the door, really? "Patricia, could you please get the door for me?" , I asked.

"I don't know. Can you change the age I can date to thirteen?" , she asked then stomped away.

"Never mind." , I mumbled throwing off the gloves onto the floor. "I'll get it myself."

Opening the door, there stood Adam. "What do you need?" , I asked, skipping the hello. 

He looked behind me at the zoo. "Uh..need some help?"

"No.", I said walking away to go back to scrubbing the floor. "If you need something, just say it. I'm kinda busy here."

"Why isn't Joe helping you?"

"He's in California thanks to you."

"I'm so sorry." , Adam said stepping into the house and shutting the door behind him, it's not like I said, come in, please.

"Well, he didn't leave entirely because you kissed me."

When I turned around Adam looked confused. "How did he find out I kissed you?"

"Not the point." , I turned around again. "He's acting there."

"Oh." , Adam said sheepishly.

"So, did you get everything you needed?" , I asked.

"I really really really miss you!" , Adam tried. "And I'll never leave you like Joe did-"

"He didn't leave me!" , I shouted.

"Then stop pushing me away!"

"Taylor." , he begged, I could tell he was moving in closer to me. "Please. I love you so much. Just let me kiss you one more time and you'll remember everything you threw away."

"I didn't throw anything away!" , then I stood up quickly, knocking him off guard. "I have a home with five kids in it. If anything ever happened between us again, Joe will never forgive me and I need him. Go."

"C'mon Taylor."  , Adam begged to touch my arm. "Give me one more chance." 

Just then, someone unlocked the door, it opened, but Adam didn't let go of me, what was he thinking. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw it was Joe, he was watching carefully, not knowing what was happening I could assume, but he wasn't moving. He was waiting to see what I had to say.

"Don't touch me." , I mumbled. "I won't take you back, ever. Now leave before I call security."

Adam looked stunned, but didn't say anything, just stood there.

"You heard her." , Joe said strictly, causing Adam to turn around. "Get the heck out of my house. Now." 

There was no competition anymore, Adam couldn't fight anymore, he would just have to face the fact that he had lost, and without giving me another look, walked out of Joe and I's home, Joe slamming the door after him.

"Joe." , I said tears filling my eyes. I needed him back but after this. "Please. I swear it's-"

Before I could finish, Joe had wrapped his arms around me, picking me off the ground like he always did. "It was one mistake." , he mumbled into my hair. "I can forgive you."

Taking in everything that had just happened, I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer. "Thank you." , I cried. "I love you so much and I am so sorry."

"I love you too."