The One Part 45

Taylor POV:

When I finally went upstairs, the first thing I saw was Patricia sitting in her bed, bear to her chest, crying. I didn't realize how loud Joe and I must have been until now and felt horrible.

"Hey Patricia." ,I said softly sitting on her floral comforter. "What's wrong sweetie?"

"Why are you mad at daddy?" ,she asked ignoring my question. She was a really smart kid.

I sighed, pulling her into my lap. "It's complication." ,I explained wiping tears off herb right red cheeks. "But everything's going to be okay. So I don't want you worrying, okay?"

Patricia nodded as I pulled her back into a hug, and quickly peeked at her Disney Princess clock Joe and I got her for her previous birthday.  It was way passed her bedtime.

"C'mon. Let's get you ready for bed. Did you brush your teeth?"

"Uh-huh." ,she replied jumping off my lap.

With that, I pulled the comforter down a bit, helping her into bed. She moved deeper underneath the comforter as I kissed her forehead.

"Goodnight Patricia." ,I said backing away a bit. She wasn't a good sleeper. 

"No. Sing me the song!" ,Patricia whined sitting up. She didn't even need to say which one, it was always Never Grow Up. 

I gave her a little smile. Usually, I would say, no, and that she needed to go to sleep, but after hearing Joe and I fight, I knew it would calm her down.

"Alright." ,I Mumbled. Then, started singing the song. Any other night it would take multiple songs to get her to close her eyes and go to sleep, but tonight when I had finished the song, she was already asleep.

Giving her one more kiss, I left her room as quietly as possible so I won't wake her. Afterwards, I went into my room planning on grabbing some blankets and sleep in the guest room. But when I entered it, I was shocked at my discovery.

Joe has a suitcase on the bed, throwing in his belongings quickly, as if to leave as soon as possible.

"What are you doing?" ,I asked.

"Leaving. At least for a while." ,he mumbled not making eye contact with me.

"Leaving." ,I scoffed. "Why?"

"You were the one who said you didn't need me." ,he said a little louder.

"Shhh!!!" ,I hissed. "I just pot Patricia to sleep. And Patricia needs you. She needs to know nothing bad is happening between us. Please, she's only three. You can't."

Joe thought for a second, staring at his shirt I had worn so many times before.

Slowly, he began shaking his head. 

"I can't. If you want, I'll take Patricia. You under estimated me...like you do all the time. I just need time to figure this out."

Patricia POV:

My ear was pressed up against their door as they talked. It was hard to tell what they were saying, was daddy leaving. 

I squeezed Bear harder so I would be quiet. Then all of a sudden, mommy and daddy stopped talked. I wondered if they knew I was heard, taking a few steps back, daddy flung the door open, gasping when he saw me.

Behind him was mommy who was facing away shaking. She didn't look happy.

"Patricia?" ,he said to me kneeling down so he was my height. 

"I don't want you to leave daddy!" ,I begged, starting to cry. "Please don't go!" 

Daddy looked at Mommy who was now facing us. She was crying too. Then, he looked down at the floor, pulling me into a hug. I didn't know what was happening, but I wanted answers.

"I want you to stay!" ,I screamed pushing him away.

"I'm only leaving for a few days. I'll be back before you know it." ,he said reassuringly. 

"Mommy said nothing bad was happening!"

Daddy turned to look at mommy, giving her a mean look, sighing. "You have two options. You can come with me to Grandma and Grandpa's or you can said here with mommy."

Then, I started crying even harder. I hated to make decisions like this. "Mommy." ,I cried.

Joe POV:

I nodded. It was understandable. She had been spending so much time with me while Taylor was on tour, it was time for her to spend some time with her mom. 

"Okay." ,I said quietly kissing her forehead. "Now why don't you go back to bed."

Patricia nodded leaving the room and I made sure her door was shut before I continued packing. I would leave before she woke up.

"You're really doing this." ,Taylor asked and I could tell she was on the edge of crying.

"You need some time alone with Patricia." ,I explained zipping the suitcase. There was still a bunch of stuff at my  parents house. "We need this." 

Taylor POV:

"You're right." ,I mumbled. " ,as he picked the suitcase of his bed.

"Goodbye." ,he said looking at me sadly.

"'Bye." ,I whispered as tears filled my eyes, but I blinked them away. More then anything, I wanted to tell him I was wrong. That I did need him. But when he said we needed this. And that I under estimate him. I never realized I did that, it made everything change.

More thoughts circled in my head as I watched him leave.

"I love you." ,I said quietly. We had never walked away from each other after a fight without saying that, ever since we had gotten married. 

"I love you too." ,she replied giving me a little smile.