The One Part 50

Taylor POV:

A couple weeks later while Patricia was at preschool, I was back at the hospital, getting that weird, cool, gross, gel stuff on my stomach so the doctor could see the back. 

As the gel was spread on my still pretty flat stomach, I could hear my baby's heartbeat as the doctor looked at the computer screen.  I looked up at Joe who was holding my hand tightly and fighting back tears, exactly like how he reacted to Patricia. 

A minute later, after the doctor asked me how everything going, and if anything seemed strange, a question I was really getting sick of hearing, the nurse handed me the picture of our baby.

"Well, call if anything feels wrong. Having twins means a little more discomfort a little sooner." 

Twins? Twins?! I was having twins?! "What?!" ,I asked stumbling backwards as Joe put his hand on my shoulder to steady me. 

"Oh I'm sorry. I should have told you earlier." ,the doctor said honesty sounding sorry, butI wasn't buying it.

"Well yeah, you should have told me earlier! I don't want-"

"I'm sorry for her. It's the hormones." ,Joe said quickly before I could say anything else mean.

The doctor nodded. "It's fine. I understand."

After Joe managed to get me out of the hospital before shouting at anyone else, we sat in the car silently.

"I don't." ,I sniffed wiping my eyes with my sleeve. "Want...twins."

"I thought you said you wanted a big family." ,Joe said gently turning to face me.

"One at a time!" ,I whined. "I'll be giving birth twice in one day!" 

"C'mon. It can't be that bad."

"If you never did it, you don't get to tell me that!" ,I said angrily.

Joe put in hands up in surrender, then gently placed one on my stomach. "Think about it this way, the twins can share a room, which means less cleaning. We have Patricia and she seems pretty excited, she can be our little helper. And, one less birthday party."

I sniffed again, blowing my nose. "That's true." ,I mumbled. 

"You told me we were going to be okay, no matter what. And you were right. We're all going to be fine." ,he smiled.

"I hate when you're right." ,I said as Joe laughed.

"I know love." ,he said kissing my cheek before driving us home.

A few months later we were having the gender reveal party. I was only about five months pregnant and I swore I couldn't looked like I was seven. It was awful, the worst part being I couldn't play guitar anymore because my fingers were so swollen.

The party was small, only close friends and family were invited, they would find out later. Patricia sat at the same table Joe and I had sat at to find out her gender. There was a small cupcake in front of her, the actual sized cake would be brought out later, so it she made a mess out of the cupcake, no one would care.

"So Patricia. Do you want a baby brother, a baby sister, or both?" ,I asked, camera in my hand to record her reaction.

"I was two baby sisters!" ,she said excitedly.

"Well, bite into the cupcake to find out!" ,Joe who was standing next to me said.

Picking up the unwrapped cupcake, Patricia took a huge bite for a four year, looking into the center.  She paused for a moment, chewing the bite in her mouth as every stared at her eagerly, the expression on her face said it all.