The One Part 64

Taylor POV:

When I opened the door I saw Daisy on the floor, covering her face with her hands and Patricia staring at me innocently. I picked Daisy up, she had a tendency to overreact and I knew she was going to be fine, but couldn't believe Patricia.

"Patricia, did you hit your sister?" , I asked even though the answer was kinda obvious I wanted to hear her say it.

"She didn't listen to-" 

"Answer my question." , I demanded. 

"Yeah." , she mumbled focusing on the ground. 

"We'll talk about your consequences later." , I said then left the room to get some ice for Daisy.

At that points, the boys had heard the commotion and were out in the hallway watching.

"Mommy? Is Daisy okay?" , David asked putting his thumb in his mouth, a habit that Joe and I were trying to get him to stop.

"Yeah, she's going to be fine." , I told them. "You don't need to worry."

When I got back downstairs, Joe was bringing in the last bag from the car. Seeing Daisy, he rushed over to us.

"Hey." , he said to me over the crying. "What happened?"

"Patricia hit her." , I told him, rubbing her back.

"Oh my gosh. Come here, honey." , he said taking Daisy from me.

After I had gotten Daisy some ice and she had calmed down enough to go play with Jack and David so we could talk to Patricia. Upstairs, Patricia was still in her room doing homework. Usually, I would just give her a time-out, but I wanted to make sure she didn't do this again, especially when I would be so focused with the new baby. 

Joe knocked on the door and Patricia let us in. We both sat down on her bed and she stopped doing her word-cross for a moment. 

"Patricia, you do want to explain why to hit your sister?"

"She wasn't listening to me!" , she complained.

"Well...she saw you in the driveway and you looked sad. She wanted to check on you but I told her not to because you needed space. Sorry."

"Are you going to do that again." , Joe asked. "Even if Daisy doesn't listen to everything you say?"

Patricia shook her head. "Are you okay, Mommy?"

"Yes, honey. I'm fine." , I said. "Your Daddy and I are just going to give you a warning this time. But we want you to apologize to your sister."

A minute later, we brought Daisy into the room and Patricia did what she was told. I was still worried that she wouldn't listen to us in the future. Just then, I felt something in my stomach, and I could recognize that feeling, the baby was kicking for the first time.

"Joe." , I said patting his arm.

"What?! What's wrong?!", he said worriedly. 

"I'm fine." , I laughed. Every time I was pregnant he would get so protective and worried but it was kinda adorable. "The baby's kicking." , I said.