The One Part 39

Taylor POV:

A couple months later on June 5th was our wedding day and a week before I left to go on tour. We had decided to hold the ceremony at my mom and dad's house in Tennessee. The yard was big enough to hold a couple hundred people, but we wanted it to be more private, only inviting close friends and family. 

I was up in my old room, getting ready as guests began to arrive. Joe and Patricia were downstairs getting the door for everyone, since Joe wasn't allowed to see me yet. In fact, I had to keep my room locked so he wouldn't try to look at the dress.

I began to apply my signature red lipstick as my door knocked. "Taylor, can I come in?" ,Abigail's voice asked.

"Is Joe with you?" ,I asked turning around to face my room. The 2005 poster of Tim McGraw still hanging.

"No, but Patricia is." ,Abigail whispered as if on a secret mission. "Joe says you need to watch her for a while." 

I smiled. "Yeah, you can come in." ,I said as Abigail opened the door.

"Mommy!" ,Patricia squealed letting go of Abigail's hand and waddling towards me in her adorable, light pink, flower girl dress.

"Hi, Patricia." ,I said picking her up and placing her on my lap and giving her a kiss on the cheek, leaving some lipstick on her cheek.

"You look great!" ,Abigail exclaimed sitting on my purple comforter next to us. 

"Thanks." ,I said as Patricia began squirming of my lap so she could explore the new surroundings.

"Are you nervous?" ,she asked.

"No...." ,I lied. "Why?"

"C'mon Taylor. I've known you since high school, when we were right here eating rolls of cookie dough."

I laughed, blushing. "You're right....sorry." 

"Oh, I know I'm right. I'm always right." ,Abigail joked noticing Patricia was trying to climb onto the bed and picking her up onto it. 

"Sure." I laughed again, more nervous this time and feeling like I was going to be sick.

"But seriously." ,Abigail said, putting Patricia back down on the floor. "You shouldn't be worried about getting married. "Be nervous about...." ,she thought for a second "Tripping...or whatever. You love Joe. And even if you did trip or something he would still love you."

"Are you sure?" ,I asked.

"If you don't believe me you could try." ,Abigail suggested smiling. 

I was just about to say something when the door knocked again.

"Taylor can I come in, our family wants to take pictures with Patricia."

I swallowed hard. That was the first time he had referred to it as our  family. 

"Can't that wait until after we get married?" ,I asked. 

"Come on I just came up here!" ,he complained.

"Daddy!" ,Patricia exclaimed waddling over to the door to try and get to him.

"You can't. It's bad luck." ,I exclaimed. "Patricia, honey. Come back over to Mommy, okay?" 

"No!" ,she said stubbornly.  

"I won't look...Promise." ,he opted.

"Fine." ,I mumbled going over to the door and opening it up just enough so that Patricia could sneak out.