The One Part 72

Hey everyone. I know that this is a really long fanfiction. But to qualify this in the Watty's this year, I think I need 100 parts. So if you all could stick with this for a bit longer, that would be great! Thanks!

***

Taylor POV:

The next morning I woke with about ten texts from Adam. I felt like he had gotten the wrong message. When I said we needed to talk, it didn't mean I wanted to get back together. Did I miss him sometimes? Yes. But he had that chance. I had a husband, kids, and a new life and he wasn't going to mess that up. All I was going to say was for him to please stop trying.

C - I was wondering when you wanted to meet up and when. Anything that's good for you.

T - I can meet up at Starbucks at 10:00.

C - Cool. See you there! :)

I sighed, should I keep this a secret from Joe. Before, the answer was obvious in my mind. I should tell him because I promised and he was my husband, it was the right thing to do. But it wasn't like anything was going to happen so I decided not to tell.

"Hey." , Joe said coming into the room with Lily in his arms. "I changed Lily, but I can't feed her, so..."

Placing my phone down on the dresser, I took Lily from him. "Thanks. Where are the rest of the kids?"

"Patricia's at school and I dropped the triplets with my brother so it can just be me, you, and Lily today." , he explained sitting on the bed next to me.  

"Actually." , I began sheepishly "CAn you watch Lily this morning? ME and...Selena made some plans today at 10:00 but I'll be back at 12:00 probably."

Joe frowned. "Okay." , he said slowly

"We can just be with Lily when I get back." , I said noticing the disappointment on his face.

I didn't need special security, or bodyguards, or a secret entrance to get into Starbucks even though there were some paparazzi. Joe had never been the type of boyfriend or husband to read the fake news then blame me for cheating, it just never was his style.

I went inside the Starbucks to see Adam had already arrived, he was never late. He was sitting at a table near one of the windows, immediately getting up to greet me. There were also two cups on the table. I knew his was tea, he never liked the taste of coffee ut put up with it for me.

"I already got you yours. I hope you still like the same thing. Larg,e two packets of sugar and no cream."

I laughed, making him blush, he hadn't always been the best at remembering things and I was impressed. "Yes. Thank you." , I said as he helped me into my seat and I thanked him again.

After a few minutes of awkward silence, he finally said, "So you said we needed to talk?"

I really didn't want to start with this in case it turned in the wrong direction but I still nodded. "Yeah." , I began taking a sip of coffee and it burning my tongue. "Sometimes I still miss you...a lot. But.."

"But you have a family." , he finished, sadly. "I knew it was a long shot."

"I'm sorry." , I said softly. "Can we please just be friends. If you said all that before I had got married and had kids I really might say yes."

He nodded. I knew he really didn't get it but he was being polite.

"Thanks." , I said. "NOw, what'ss been going on in your life?"

"Uh...", he thought for a moment. "NOthing, really."

"But if you had to elaborate on that while we're here. Are you going to put out some new music?"

He shook his head. "No one listens anymore."

"You just have to keep trying." , I explained. "Until something sticks. I know you, you'll figure it out."

Adam scoffed. "I don't know if my music was ever good. I mean, really. do you think I won that iHeart Radio Award fare, or because you were my girlfriend?"

For some reason that set me off big time. I try to be nice, I give him advice and that's what I get?

I scoffed back standing up. "If you thought that, why did you ever date me, huh? I bet you think I'm a horrible person. But really, you are, trying to steal my fame that I worked for so hard. Well guess what, I don't need you, I never needed you I didn't even like you. I hate you!" , I screamed not really sure what else to say to him.

Looking around the room, everyone was staring at me like I was crazy and I remembers almost this exact moment when I punched Joe, feeling guilty and like a horrible person, but honestly knowing they deserved it, at least at the moment.

"Taylor that' not what I meant!" , Adam said.

But I was already out. I didn't bother to grab my purse, so I couldn't get into my car. But I didn't care, I didn't even want to go home. I just needed to be alone as I broke down.