The One Part 55

Taylor POV:

Four months later and I was dropping off Patricia at preschool. Taking her to preschool was one thing, but this was real soon. Before I knew it, I she would be in grade school, start dating, go to college, have kids I would be a grandma! I wasn't ready for that!

Through my rear-view mirror I watched Patricia say goodbye to her siblings then jump out of the car.

"Bye Patricia." ,I said rolling down the window so she could hear me. "Are you sure you don't want me to walk you in?"

"No thanks mommy. Ellie's right over there and we're in the same class." ,she explained motioning to Ellie who waved at her.

"Alright." ,I sighed. "At least give me a kiss?" ,I asked hopefully.

Looking around awkwardly Patricia kissed me quickly on the cheek before running to catch up with Ellie. I was glad that she had a friend, I remember not having to many friends in preschool.

I sighed again, sliding down in my seat. It wouldn't be so bad if I just stayed here for the next few hours and waited for Patricia to come out. But on the other hand, I knew I had plans. First, I was going to drop the triplets of at my mom's house and then Joe and I were going to have a fancy lunch at home since our wedding anniversary was in a day and apparently Patricia had something in mind.

When I finally decided to leave ten minutes later I turned around in my seat, making sure the triplets were okay. Once Daisy saw me, she put her fist in her mouth, trying to say sometime and making the cutest sound. She was the first of the triplets beginning to teethe and I would put some cream on her gums to try and help but it didn't seem to work.

It was a bit easier for me to drop the triplets of at a close friend or family's house because of already having experience with Patricia. I already had done my make up and hair when I got home from the two errands so the only other thing to do was put on some nice clothes.

Getting home, I realized the door was already unlocked, which was rare, and slowly moved into the house lit with candles. The next thing I noticed was Joe, standing in a nice suit with some flowers in his hand. I had forgot to get him something!

Slowly and all romantically he walked over to me with a grin on his face. "You look gorgeous." ,he said.

I was wearing sweat pants and a Led Zeppelin shirt, no I did not look gorgeous. "Yeah, right."

"I wasn't joking." ,he said his grin widening.

"Well then thank you." ,I said wrapping my arms around his neck and giving him a kiss. "And if you give me a minute...I'll look even more gorgeous."

Joe thought for a moment. "Alright." ,he said finally. "And I got you these."

"Thanks." ,I said taking the flowers and feeling even more bad. "I'm so sorry I forgot to get you anything!"

Surprisingly, Joe didn't look one bit mad. "Hey it's fine." ,he said realizing how bad this mad me feel. "I have four kids because of you and that's better then all the roses in the world."

I nodded, still not entirely believing him. But I wasn't going to let myself ruin this entire...lunch.

"I'm going to change." ,I said turning around before sprinting back upstairs.

About five minutes later I came down in a dark purple, strapless dress which I had bought a while about, but that was before I realized I wanted another kid and turned into the size of a hot air ballon.

"Wow." ,Joe said slowly.

"Wow?" ,I echoed. "Huh, the complement I got while in sweat pants was better then this."

"No...it's just...why have I never seen you in that dress before. You look amazing."

"You mean for the eight months I was pregnant during?" ,I asked crossing my arms. "The triplets, remember."

"I didn't forget about the triplets." ,I said helping me down the last few steps. "Are you ready to eat?"

I nodded. "Yeah. But can we call my mom to make sure the triplets are okay?" ,I asked.

"Honey, they're fine. I thought you were getting better at leaving them."

"I am!" ,I protested. "But they're still our kids, I can be worried."

"This is your mom we're talking about. How do you think she raised you and Austin? I'm pretty sure she can handled your kids for a fews. Please? This is our time. We never get to be together anymore!"

"Alright." ,I mumbled under my breath as Joe squeezed my hand. "Let me just use the bathroom?"

"I know you just want to check on the kids."

"Are you accusing me of lying?" ,I asked.

"Love, I know you, and I know you're going to call so please just sit."

Grumbling something under my breath I went over to the table refusing to let Joe pull out my chair for me. Ever since Patricia was born, we had still lived in the same house, and slept in the same bed, but we never really had time to spend with each other. It's like I didn't know him anymore.

The next day, Patricia brought us breakfast in bed, pancakes and some cut fruit, both of which I had put in the fridge the previous day so that Patricia wouldn't make a mess or hurt anyone.

Joe and I said up as she put the tray on the bed. Underneath the plate, I noticed an envelope. Handing it to Joe, he pulled the letter out. The folded piece of paper said 'To: Mommy and Daddy' and 'Love: Patricia' with that, there was a picture she had drawn of me and Joe holding what looked like hand. She was holding Daisy and the boys were sitting on the ground next to her.

"Happy Anniversary Mommy and Daddy!" ,she said jumping onto the bed and giving us both hugs and kisses.

"Thank you honey!" ,I said. "Now, you can stay hear, I'm going to feed and change the triplets.

"I already did!" ,Patricia said obviously proud of her work. "I'm going. Bye!"

I could already imagine the mess, but this way Joe and I's fifth anniversary and surprisingly the first one we spent together. Before, I either would be on tour or have something else with Patricia that day so it felt really good to be with Joe today.

"Want a piece of the banana?" ,Joe asked as I moving my face into his shoulder.

I nodded as he fed me a bit. "Should one of us check on the triplets?" ,I asked.

"She's growing up." ,Joe said softly careful not to tip me off. "And I think they'll be fine if we just stay here a bit longer."

"I guess so." ,I said. "Happy fifth anniversary babe."

"Happy fifth anniversary." ,he said kissing me. "It feels like only yesterday I was staring at you at that restaurant. Do you still have that jacket I gave you?"

"I wear it all the time." ,I said smiling.

He sighed looking down at the last few pieces of fruit. "But do you feel like recently we've been..."

"Drifting apart?" ,I asked. "Yeah. But I guess it's part of being parents."

"But I don't want it to be happening." ,Joe said. "I want us to be the couple who has four or five kids but still know each other."

I nodded. I really did understand what he was saying. "What if..." I began starring at one of my chipped nails I hadn't noticed until now. "We do something ever Thursday...something fun...without the kids, That way we still are together."

"I like that." ,Joe said. "But why not Friday?"

"Oh...well. I was thinking when the triplets get older, it could be liked Friday fun day. When all of us go out."

"How did I ever get so lucky to find you." ,Joe said abruptly.

I blushed. "I could say the same thing about you."

We smiled at each other. It seemed like every problem the world threw as us we could fix. I leaned in for another kiss but before our lips could lock I heard a crash from downstairs and the triplets began crying.