The One Part 40

Taylor POV:

Later on that day, I was talking to my now brother-in-law Patrick, while at the same time keeping an eye on Patricia who was roaming the area being the certain of attention. 

"Hello, wife" ,Joe said coming up us and putting an arm around me. 

"Hello, husband." ,I said smiling and looking up at him as he kissed my forehead.

"Ugh." ,Patrick mumbled walking away. He could be supportive at times but wasn't the biggest fan of PDA, even at our wedding. 

"Wait..." ,Joe searched the room and I could sense something was wrong.

"What?" ,I asked worriedly. 

"Where's Patricia?" ,he asked.

"I saw her just a minute ago..." ,I said looking near my mom where she was wandering last. "Mom?" I walked quickly towards her, making sure not to bump into anyone.

"Hi sweetie. What's wrong?" ,my mom asked as Joe followed me.

"Do you know where Patricia is. She was next to you the last time I saw." ,I asked. She couldn't have left the house, I thought.

"I'm sorry. I'm not sure where she is. Do you need help looking?"

"No thanks." ,I responded turning back to face Joe and giving him a quick kiss. "I'm going to look upstairs. Don't worry, she couldn't have gone that far."

Joe nodded even though I didn't entirely believe him.  

"Patricia?" ,I went up the steps, making sure not to trip with my heels. "Patricia?!" ,I called a little louder. I opened my door, only to see the poster of Keith Urban right next to my bed.

"Patricia?!" ,I knocked I Austin's door and opened the door to see Austin holding Patricia. I was furious at both of them, Austin could have told me he was going to be here with her. "Patricia..." ,I sighed relieved she was okay.

"Mommy!" ,she said gladly going into my arms. "Austin." ,I hissed under my breath. "What the heck were you going with Patricia here. I was worried sick. You need to tell me if you're taking her somewhere!"

"I wanted to show her around the house a bit. Sorry, I'll tell you next time." ,Austin said putting his hands up in surrender obviously not realizing I was going to freak out this much. 

"Well in that case." ,I sighed placing her on the ground. "You can finish the tour. Just tell me next time. I'm going to tell Joe I found her."

"Are you okay?" ,Austin asked as Patricia stretched her arms out to Austin as he lifted her off the ground.

"Yeah." ,I said quietly leaning against the door frame. "I'm just glad...were married. We'd been planning this forever and it was so...so stressful." 

Austin nodded slowly. "Well congrats."

"Thanks." ,I said softy. "And thank you for being so cool and supportive about this. I get it you've been busy with the new movie and getting the apartment."

"Yeah...." ,Austin said awkwardly. Although we got along better then when we were kids, this wasn't as common.

"Bye." ,I said.

"Bye." 

Back downstairs I found Joe talking to his mom. "Hey." ,I said calmly knowing his was worried about where Patricia was. "I found Patricia. Austin's giving her a tour through the house."

He sighed in relief, the same way I had felt. "Thanks." ,he said giving me a kiss on the cheek. 

"Oh! We should get family photos now!" ,Joe's mom exclaimed, which meant I would have to go right back upstairs to tell Austin that he would have to postpone the house tour.

I looked up at Joe who looked hesitant. We hadn't had any 'just us' time since we got married, something both of us were looking towards.

"I think that's a great idea. I'll get Austin and Patricia." ,I said grabbing Joe's hand and squeezing it. He nodded in agreement as I left again. 

The bright lights of the camera flashed and I was wondered if it was bad for Patricia's eyes. I had gotten so paranoid every since she was born. After a few more pictures just with our family the photographer seemed to disappear again.

Everyone was seeming to get hungry so I begin helping my mom put food out while Joe watched Patricia like a hawk so she wouldn't disappear again. The food seemed to disappear as soon as it was put out.

Finally, the cake was put out. I had helped my mom make all the food, but she had ordered the cake from some super fancy place I had never heard about before. We all stood around the table as my mom relieved the beautiful cake. It had light pink roses and two little people on the top who looked like Joe and I. It was everything I had ever dreamed and more.

The cake was passed out as Joe and I fed some to each other. The tradition seemed a little weird but Joe's mom insisted so that she could put it in their family book. 

"Taylor?" ,Joe said and for a moment I thought he was going to say he had lost Patricia...again.

"Yeah?" ,I asked looking up at him. It looked like everyone was wandering off and doing their own thing.

Immediately he scooped up a little icing on his finger as wiped it on my face. I couldn't believe what he had just done.

"Oh...my...gosh." , breathed picking up a piece of cake double the size and smashed it on his face as he laughed hysterically. 

Austin POV:

"Your mom and dad usually aren't like this....But when they are you're always allowed to visit you favorite Uncle Austin." ,I told Patrick who was propped on my hip as we watched Taylor and Joe smash cake into each other faced.

"Uh..." ,Patricia said and I suddenly realized she was about to cry.

"Oh it's okay." ,I said gently rocking her as she pressed her head up against my chest. Crying babies were never my speciality. "They're going to be alright."