The One Part 66

Taylor POV:

The next day we had a gender reveal party. Since for the past two times we had cut a cake to find out, I thought we could find out another way. There was an old family video, I was little over one and we were finding the gender of Austin. I was standing in the living room in front of a medium sized box, painted half pink and half blue and when I opened the box a dozen blue balloons flew out. I didn't remember doing that, but I had always thought it was a cool idea.

So, we gathered all the kids in the living room. Joe was holding a camera to capture their reaction. But since we had two boys and girls, there was no way Joe and I could win.

"Patricia, do you want a brother or a sister?" , I asked one last time.

"Neither."  , she pouted crossing her arms.

I sighed. "How about you, David?"

"Brother."

"No. I want a sister." , Daisy complained.

"Brother!" , Jack finally said.

"Well." , Joe began. "Why don't you all open the huge box and find out."

The triplets nodded and reached for the top of the box, Patricia still didn't seem to care. After Jack ripped off the piece of tape, they opened the box at once.

Daisy gasped, seeing the light pink balloons flood out of the box. "It's a girl!" , she screamed, grabbing one of the strings to the balloon. 

"Told you." , I whispered to Joe elbowing him in the ribs as he gave me a hug. 

"It's a girl." , David repeated in a different tone. "No. I don't want it to be a girl."

"Aww." , I said pulling away from Joe to pick David and comfort him as he began to cry.

"You shouldn't' be holding the kids." , Joe told me taking David.

I rolled my eyes but I knew he was right. "How do you feel about getting a sister?" , I asked jack kneeling down.

He shrugged. "I'm okay"

"But I thought you wanted a brother." , I said a little confused.

"I did." , he replied. "But I'm happy to be a big brother."

"That's so sweet." , I said giving him a hug. Next was Patricia.

"Patricia?" , I said looked around the room.

I went around the house looking for her and finally finding her in the room. I felt like an idiot for not checking there first.

"Hey." , I saw sitting down next to her on the bed where she was coloring. "Are you excited about getting a sister?"

She shrugged. "I don't know."

"I'm sorry that you don't want another sister." , I began not sure what else to say. "You were thrilled when you found out that you were getting Daisy."

"Yeah..." , she began looking up from her coloring book to me. "But when the triplets were born. Well, you hardly spent time with me. Now that you're getting another baby...I feel like you'll spend even less time with me."

I thought for a moment, she was right, again. "You're right." , I said. "I haven't been spending as much time with you. And that is my fault and I'm sorry. So how about we do something fun tomorrow, we can stick your Daddy with the triplets again."

"What about after tomorrow. Is this just once?"

Gosh, she was a genius. "Every Saturday." , I added, "Is that better?" 

Patricia smiled, nodding. "I am happy it's a girl." , she said quietly.

"Me too." ,I replied pulling her in for a hug.

***

Hey everyone, if you have anymore names for the baby now that you know it's a girl please share!