The One Part 69

Taylor POV:

We brought Lily home the next day, the hospital had insisted on us staying one more night but my parents and Austin had to get home. 

Opening the door, I saw a huge pink banner hung on the wall that said 'Welcome Home Baby'. All the kids were standing in front of in, huge smiles on there face, as I set the baby seat gently on the floor. For once, I was getting a surprise that didn't include me having a baby.

"Hi, Mommy! Hi, Daddy!" , Patricia said. "Welcome Home!"

"Hi, sweethearts." , Joe replied and all the kids gave up hugs, getting another glimpse of the sleeping baby.

"We made you dinner." , Daisy said. "Grandma helped."

"That's very sweet of you." , I said. But the real question was, was grandma watching if they washed their hands or ate some of the food in the process. I might just have cereal or something for dinner. 

"Do you want to try the food?" , David asked.

Joe glanced over at me uneasily, he knew too. I didn't want to hurt their feelings, but I also didn't want to get sick the day we brought Lily home from the hospital.

"Of course." , Joe finally said. "Let's see what it is."

Daisy and Jack grabbed onto his hands, dragging him into the kitchen. But just as I was about to follow, Lily woke up and started crying. I had never been more happy for her to cry then now. Quickly unstrapping her from the seat, I pulled her into my arms as she continued to sob.

A minute later Joe reappeared from the kitchen. "Is everything okay?" , he asked me worriedly. I guess he thought something was wrong because of leaving the hospital early. 

I nodded. "I'm just going to put her down for a nap. But I think we're running a little low on groceries if you want to do something else." , I said giving him an out for eating the food.

He nodded, immediately heading out the door. 

Less then a minutes after Joe had left, I put Lily down for her nap and she quickly stopped crying. 

"Mommy you're back!" , Daisy exclaimed. "The food we made is pasta because we know you and Daddy like that. Where is Daddy, anyway."

"He's running out to get some things at the store." , I said.

Afterward, Daisy dragged out a step stool to get out a plate. I would miss when she turned into a teenager and almost never did things like this for Joe and me again. I looked at the food, I was shocked how well it turned out, but on the other hand, it's hard to mess up pasta.

As Daisy began dishing the food out, I heard a knock on the door, I knew it couldn't be Joe because he had a key, unless he forgot one which was a reasonable guess.

"I'll be right back, honey." , I said placing a hand on her should after rushing to see who it was.

I flung the door open, and standing there was Adam.