The One Part 77

Taylor POV:

The words rung in my ears as I said it out loud and watched Joe as he decided how to react next.

"He kissed you." , Joe repeated. "He kissed you? Or did you kiss him?"

My breath hitched in my throat. Joe was making this one hundred times harder than it already was. "I gave him permission to." , I swallowed.

A moment later, without warning, Joe grabbed the handles of his two over-packed suitcases and dragged them out the door, no words exchanged, but I didn't blame him, I probably would do the same thing if I learned he was just cheating on me.

"Joe, please don't leave like this." , I begged.

He looked at me, furious. "I need to figure out things right now. Don't be surprised if I don't come home right after the mo\vie is finished." , he mumbled throwing his backs in the trunk.

"It was a mistake!" , I tried. "I'll never do it again."

"You've said a lot of things that haven't turned out true." , he replied grabbing the handle of the car and yanking it open. "Tell the kids I love them, okay?"

"Okay." , I said, holding back tears as he got in the car and left.

When I walked back into my house, Lily was sitting on the floor, staring at me with her huge blue eyes, she knew something was wrong. She stretched her arms out to me and fussed as I lifted her up, and she cuddled her head into my chest.

"It's okay, Lily." , I said, holding her tightly. Pretty soon, she would be going to school, too. "Daddy and I are fine. He's just acting. When he comes back, I bet we'll be fine."

Sitting down on the couch to be in a more comfortable position, since Lily was pretty heavy for five months, I saw Meredith glaring at me from the floor, she was getting old but still managed to hate me just as much as when she was a kitten.

"I didn't do anything to you." , I said to her. "You don't even like Joe."

Hissing, she pranced away and then it was just me and Lily.