The One Part 71

Taylor POV:

"Oh gosh." , I mumbled under my breath. I had told Joe that I wouldn't talk to Adam again without telling him first, and he was about to find out I had.

"What? What's wrong?" , Adam asked sensing something wasn't right.

"Taylor?" , Joe said, his voice becoming louder.

I looked around the nursery for somewhere to hind Adam. There was no way I could explain everything to him in a couple seconds, that's when I saw the closet. Grabbing onto his wrist, I dragged Adam over there, swinging open the door.

"What's happen-" 

Before he had time to finish I had slammed the door in his face, just before Joe entered the room.

"Hey." , I said leaning against the door.

"Hey." , he said slowly. "The groceries are downstairs, is everything okay up here?"

"Yeah, I was just checking on Lily. C'mon, let's put the food away now."

Joe nodded, I hoped he didn't think anything was wrong. Heading out the door behind Joe, there was nothing more I could do, I just had to hope Adam could take a hint and leave without anyone seeing him.

Adam POV:

Although Taylor never said it specifically, I could tell that she wanted me to do. Carefully, I opened the closet door and stepped out, it was crowded in there. Lily was still asleep and I moved into the hallway, I didn't know this house too well but I knew I could find my way out.

"Why are you here?" , Patricia asked loudly crossing her arms.

I gasped, how did I not see her there, she wasn't even that small.

"Uh...", I stuttered. "I brought some things for your sister, and I was just leaving but you can't tell your Daddy about this."

"I'll tell him anything I want. And if you just wanted to see Lily then why can't I tell Daddy?" 

"Alright." , I said kneeling down. "What can I give you to make sure you don't say anything. Do you want a dollar?"

"I'm not stupid." , she replied angrily. "Make it twenty."

I sighed, fishing out my wallet and handing her a twenty. "Alright. Now, will you please help me leave?" 

"Sure." , she mumbled. "Follow me." 

With that, she went down the stairs, stopping me at the bottom. "Stay." , she whispered. "My friend, Ellie, and I do this all the time. I'll distract my Daddy and then you leave and don't come back, understand?"

I nodded and she ran out of sight.

Taylor POV:

"Daddy!" , Patricia exclaimed. "Come look at the picture I colored.

"Okay, sweetheart." , he replied following her to her room.

I watched them go to there room. Then, I saw Adam appear from the steps, when he saw me, blushing.

"Patricia helped me escape. I had to bribe her." , Adam whispered. 

It wasn't surprising, that's how Patricia worked and I laughed. "Okay." , I replied. "But you should leave before Joe really sees you."

"Okay." , he replied heading towards the front door.

"And to answer your comment before." , I began, sighing. "Can we meet up and maybe talk. I can't explain everything it the time we have."

"Text me. We'll find a time good for you." , Adam said before leaving then giving me a smile. "I'll see you soon."