The One Part 100

Hey everyone! Before the last part, I wanted to thank you all for reading and voting and commenting on this fanfiction, it means so much to me. I've had so much fun writing this and if you have any suggestions for anything else you would like me to write, please comment below! Thank you!

***

Taylor POV:

The first few weeks after moving to Scotland with my kids was one of the hardest transitions I'd ever had to go through. The kids were furious, Adam was clueless and I was put in the center of everything. I was always having to resolve conflicts and make sure no one tried to kill each other. But, it was my fault that everyone was in this situation, so it would be my responsibility to fix it. 

It was a Tuesday and I was in Adam and I's room. The kids were at school and Adam had told me he would be in the gym downstairs if I needed anything. I didn't have anything that I needed to get done that day, so I stayed settled in my bed, answering a few texts from friends and liking some posts on Instagram, it was a low-key day.

Looking up from my phone for a moment, I noticed my guitar sitting in the corner of my room dully. I hesitated then set my phone on the bed and went to get it, playing a few chords. I hadn't written a song in years and I remembered Joe asking me to not write songs about him, and how I had responded. I smiled at the memory and watched my fingers automatically move to the next chord, humming a little tune.

The humming slowly changed into lyrics and before I could stop myself, I had my phone recording as I jotted down words into my songbook. IMpressed with my masterpiece less than an hour later, I shut the book and slopped down on my bed in exhaust. 

"Hey." , Adam said a moment later, entering the room, covered in sweat. "I thought I heard you up here."

"Yeah." , I replied sitting up and tucking a piece of hair out of my face. "What's up?"

"Oh." , he said as if he were surprised by my response. "Nothing. I just...was about to take a shower and I was wondering if you needed anything."

I grinned. "Baby. You asked that less than an hour ago. I'm fine."

He nodded, then left the room. I was suspicious of why he was acting like that. Usually, he was so confident and held together, I wondered if there was something going on that I didn't know about. 

As for Joe, we didn't hear much from him anymore, only the occasional phone call on Christmas or one of the kids birthdays to check in. Of course, I missed him but knew I had made the right choice of leaving. Our old house had finally gotten re-built but he had said he was going to move anyway, I guess it held too many memories, even after being burnt down, for him to go inside.

Adam had become way more cautious about my feelings and his actions ever since we moved in. AS if he said something off or did the tiniest thing I didn't like, I would leave. But soon, he didn't have to worry about me going anywhere, anytime soon when I got pregnant four years later and Brandon Micheal Harris was born on June 2nd, a delight to everyone.

My parents, who absolutely hated Adam came down the second he was born with a huge basket full of baby supplies. Since I thought Lily was going to be my last child, I have given away almost everything. They greeted Adam with a tight hug while Austin, I could tell wasn't glaring at him close to as much as he would in the past. From Austin the same day, I learned I was going to be an aunt, his wife was five months pregnant with twins. OUr other five kids were supportive and patient through the nights when Adam and I couldn't get Brandon to stop screaming and JOe called, wishing us the best of luck.

At the hospital, after everyone had either gone home or were outside, Adam and I were left alone in our room, for the first time since Brandon was born. For the three hours we had known him, he was turning out to be a pleasant baby. His eyes were squeezed shut, but I had a feeling they were going to be green, which I was right about, and he mad more hair than any of my other kids. He was wrapped in a light blue hospital blanket and tucked safely in my arms.