The One Part 76

Joe POV:

The morning I was leaving to you to California was the day we told the kids, or at least the four that would understand, I was going. Taylor and I realized this was a little cruel and we would have told them sooner, but I was afraid they would find some reason for me not to leave, they did things like that all the time and I didn't need one more person making me feel guilty.

Patricia and the triplets had just finished breakfast, finished getting ready for school, and had jumped on the ouch, Patricia making it to the place with the footrest before anyone else.

"What did you need to talk to us about?" , Patricia asked, pushing away Jack who tried to get in her place.

"Well." , I began. "I'm going to be in California for a couple months to shoot a movie."

"No!" , they said at once.

"Unhhhh!" , Lily said mimicking them, then giggling.

"But why, Daddy?" , Daisy complained.

"I'm sorry, honey." , I replied. "It's my job. But it'll only be for a while. I'll be back before you know it."

Just then, a school bus appeared in front of the house. I wish I had more time to explain everything to them, but I knew they still wouldn't get it.

"Okay, everyone. Grab your backpacks and go to the bus." , Taylor said standing up.

"Bye, Daddy." , Daisy said giving me a hug, followed by all the other kids.

Taylor POV:

The house was quiet, no 'where's my backpack?' or 'I didn't finish my homework' or 'I feel sick' which usually was just an excuse to get out of school. I knew I should say something, I just didn't know what.

"I'll miss you." , Joe said quietly, breaking the silence and turning to look at me.

"I'll miss you too." , I replied as he leaned in to hug me.

Trying not to cry, I wiped my eyes quickly as we stood up. Just say it, I thought.

"Well, I guess I should go. I don't want to miss my flight."

"No!" , I exclaimed shocking him. "I...I need to tell you something." , I sighed. "I didn't hang out with Selena that one day, I was talking with Adam at Starbucks."

Joe looked stunned and confused. "What? Why?"

"He...he, um, came over to bring a basket with some baby things for Lily. And I let him come in and see her, and then he told me that he still liked me. But you came home so I told him we should talk some other time. I thought about telling you...but I thought if it was just to tell him to stop bothering, I wouldn't have too. Then, something happened. And..." , I took a deep breath.

"What?!", Joe shouted angrily not caring to wait. "What the heck did he do to you? I have been patient, and reasonable with you and you go behind my back to talk with your ex. Maybe I should just get back together with Isabella. How would you feel about that, so just tell me! What?!"

I was just as shocked as he was from his reaction and tears welled up in my eyes. I was second guessing telling him. "Never mind." , I mumbled, rubbing my eyes.

"No! You started this, now you have to finish this. What. Is. It?!"

"He kissed me."