The One Part 91

Patricia POV:

I hated my new school, hated all the kids besides Alex. But I wasn't allowed to hang out with him anymore or I would get grounded again, I didn't want that so I had been avoiding him for the past few days and he had no idea why.

Lunch was probably the hardest part of the day. All the kids knew my mom was Taylor Swift and they hated me for that. They would tease me and sometimes spill food on me. The only reason I never told my mom was because I didn't want her embarrassing me more than she already had.

As I looked around, I noticed there were no open tables, great, that meant I would actually have to sit next to someone and talk. Scanning the room, I saw two unfamiliar girls sitting at a table, I had never seen them before and decided to go over there.

"Hi." , I said shyly. "Can I sit here?"

They both stared at me for a long time which made me feel so awkward. They didn't even know me! Finally, they got up and left as I sat down and sighed, staring at the disgusting food the cafeteria served, my old school would give edible food.

Just as I poked a suspicious burger I felt something cold and sticky running down my back and I turned around quickly to see the two girls wit ha soda in their hand, they were laughing as I looked at them terrified.

"You suck." , the one girl said.

"And so does your mom." , the other one added before pouring the rest of the soda on my head.

I had no idea how to react. If Ellie was here, she would punch them in the face or something, but I was on my own and had no idea how to react.

"Get away from her." , someone said behind me. Perfect, Alex got to see me like this.

"Or else what?" , she asked crossing her arms. "You aren't the boss of me."

"Well, I'm sure our mom wouldn't be happy." , he fired back.

They were siblings?! Perfect, just perfect.

She stuttered for a moment before storming off. I turned around to face Alex and he pulled me into a huge hug though I was drenched in soda.

"I'm so sorry about her." , Alex mumbled into my shoulder.

"You didn't have to protect me." , I replied.

"I know. But the way she treated you wasn't right and I'm going to make sure she doesn't do that to you again, okay?"

I nodded.

"Now, this school might suck in even another way under the sun...But it always had good spare clothes. I'll show you."

Turns out, Alex was right and I found a great outfit for the rest of the day. Once I had changed Alex handed me a sandwich, explaining that his mom always packed him more then he could eat. Who knows, maybe getting bullied every day would be enough to convince my mom to move home.

Finally, "Why have you been avoiding me?"

I swallowed. I couldn't keep it a secret forever. "When you walked me home a while ago. And tried to kiss me...my mom saw. Well, ...she grounded me."

I Looked over to see him blushing. "Sorry." , he said.

"It's my mom's fault."

"So you wanted me to kiss you?" , he asked shyly. I could tell he was moving closer to me.

I shrugged. "I wouldn't have minded."

A second passed and Alex leaned in, but just as our lips were about to touch, the bell rang.