The One Part 56

Taylor POV:

The next thing I remember is sprinting downstairs in the kitchen where Patricia was holding David who was screaming. Below them was a pile of sugar and glass. Up on the counter, Jack and Daisy were staring curiously at the mess. I was so thankful that Patricia always wore shoes, or in this case boots, in the house.

Noticing us, Patricia joined David in crying. Joe pulled David from Patricia, making sure he had stopped crying before putting him in his baby seat while I carefully helped Patricia get out of her booths, there were probably shards of glass in the bottoms and I would need to throw them out.

Moving over to the living room, I knelt down in front of Patricia as she continued crying. "Honey, is there any glass on you when it fell?" ,I asked brushing Patricia's shoulders to make sure she was okay.

"Uh-huh." ,she sniffed. "I'm s-s-sorry mommy. I didn't m-mean to b-break it. I was just trying to m-make more pancakes for you and daddy."

"Patricia we're not mad at you." ,I said hugging her. "But how about if you ever want to bake something again, you ask Daddy and I for help. Okay?"

"Okay." 

"Good." ,I said. I was glad we were clear about this now. "Now, Daddy and I are going to clean this. Why don't you go play with babies in your room."

Nodding, she ran out of sight. I preferred if the triplets were still on the counter so we could keep an eye on them. I sighed, running my fingers through my hair, then went to get the vacuum.

"So long to a great anniversary." ,I said beginning to vacuum all the glass.

"What do you mean?!" ,Joe shouted over the very loud vacuum.

I switched off the vacuum for a moment. "I just guess today would be different...without broken glass." ,I mumbled.

"Love." ,Joe began looking at a clock. "It's 9:00 in the morning. Things like this are going to happen. What do you want do today, and we'll do it."

"A lot has been about me lately. What do you want to do?"

"How about a family walk in the park. All six of us."

"Are you sure?" ,I asked. "That sounds like something I would suggest." 

Joe scoffed playfully. "I can want things like that too." ,he crossed his arms.

"Ugh...you know what I mean." ,I whined giving him a kiss. "Now C'mon. We can't go on that walk until this is cleaned up. I don't want any of our kids stepping on this."

"Kids? As in plural? Only Patricia can walk." 

"They're getting there." ,I protested.

"Uh-huh." ,Joe said obviously not believing me. "A four month old could totally walk. I don't know what I was talking about."

I glared at him and he laughed and then continued vacuuming the floor.

Almost an hour later we were all ready to walk. There was a nice trail right next to our house which I took Patricia on a lot before the triplets were born. The best part about it was not a lot of people knew about it so none of us would have to deal with fans. But honestly, the paparazzi hardly followed us around anymore and I didn't think many people cared I had just had triplets. I was finally getting a breath from the public eye.

The air was warm when we stepped outside. I had Daisy in the stroller I use to put Patricia in and Joe had David and Jack. The path turned out to be just as quiet as I had expected and the only people we saw were a couple of dog walkers which Patricia gladly approached. She didn't hate Meredith and Olivia but was turning into a dog person preferring to play with Conner instead.

When we got back home a few hours later it was already starting to get dark. Patricia had insisted on pushing Daisy back home which meant less work for me! David had gotten a little to hot and was getting a little fussy while Jack looked at him confused. Jack was easily the easiest of the three. David would cry about anything and Daisy only liked certain foods but he would try anything. 

Once all our kids were fed and put to bed, it was 10:00 but I wasn't tired. I got in bed next to Joe who was checking his phone and grabbed my current book, beginning to reading it, moving in closer to Joe. He noticed what I was trying to do and lifted up his arm, wrapping it around me and kissing my forehead before going back to check his phone.

"Hey." ,I said. "Can you take Patricia to kindergarden tomorrow?"

"Sure." ,he said. "What are you doing."

"Well..." ,I began. "I know this is last minute...but Ellen called and she wants me to be on her show tomorrow."

He nodded. "Alright. But why can't we come?"

"Do you? I mean Patricia has school and we haven't taken the triplets on a plane yet."

"I know. But It will be fun for all of us. Patricia missing one day of school won't be the end of the world and we can find a babysitter while we're up there to watch the triplets so they can come."]

"Well..." ,I began thinking for a moment. It would be fun. "Alright." ,I finally said.

"Great!" ,Joe replied giving me a kiss. "What time do we leave?"

"Five in the afternoon, so Patricia can still go to school. But we should probably go to sleep now, California's far from here."

"Fine." ,Joe mumbled giving me one more kiss then pulling me ever closer as we got under the covers. "Happy anniversary. I love you."

"Happy anniversary. I love you too."