The One Part 93

I'm in a really good mood because the Reputation tour starts in 3 days so I decided to post two parts today. Enjoy!

***

Lily POV:

The next day, as promised, our Dad came over to our god mommy's house. She had told us we could stay with her for a while since we didn't really have anywhere else to go. Our god mommy was nice and all, let me stay up after my curfew to watch TV, but she wasn't mommy.

A police officer knocked on the door a few hours later. He wasn't smiling when Daddy opened it so I didn't take it as a good sign. Letting him in, we all sat down on the couch. God mommy was upstairs to give up some privacy as we started at the police officer.

"Where's mommy?" , I finally shouted unable to take the silence.

"Shh...", Daddy said pulling me into his lap as I stared angrily at the police officer. He wasn't allowed to come into this house without some answers. 

"Well...", he began clearing his throat. "I've got some good news and some bad news. The good news is we searched your house and your mother wasn't there. So that means the bad news is unless one of you know, we don't know where she is."

I looked up at my Daddy who was avoiding looking back down at me, I knew why.

"What do we do now?" , Jack asked

"I think the best thing to do would be filling a missing-person report."

"Can't you track down her phone?" , Daddy asked.

"It wouldn't help. We found it at the house."

"Oh."

"But after you file the report or whatever she'll be home?" , I asked putting my thumb in my mouth.

"I hope." , Daddy replied.

Taylor POV:

Slowly, I opened my eyes for the first time since being at my new house. Everything was blurry, I didn't have glasses or contacts on, and I stood up carefully, examining the dimly lit room as I began searching for a light switch. I ran a hand through my hair to realize my head hurt from where it had been hit and I mumbled in pain.

Just in front of me there was a window and I looked out to see a large backyard with what looked like a playset, behind that, an abandoned forest, it kinda reminded me on my old backyard. I thought it was a little strange that I hadn't been tied down or anything since I had just been kidnapped, not that I minded.

That' when I remembered Adam. Adam had kidnapped me. What did he not understand about go away and now this?! Remembering that made me comfortable enough to start calling for help, which at the moment felt like a good idea.

"Hello!" , I shouted banging on the wall. "Adam! Are you there?"

There was a rusting sound from upstairs and then footsteps leading down to wherever I was. All of a sudden I was terrified. What if it wasn't Adam after all. I went back over to the window to try and open it but it wouldn't budge. But as I struggled, I realized the sound from upstairs had stopped. I froze, holding my breath. Someone was watching me.

"Hello?" , I squeaked turning around.

"Hey, Taylor. It's good to see you again." , Adam said.

I sighed in relief. I wasn't necessarily happy it was him, but it could be a lot worse. "What do you not understand about get out?" , I asked.

"Great way to start the evening. I was just about to ask you if you were ready for dinner."

"Where am I?" , I asked.

"You don't recognize it?" , Adam asked surprisingly.

"Why should I?" , I fired back. "But maybe if I could actually see....!"

A pause. "Oh right...sorry." , Adam said placing a pair of glasses in my hands.

I put them on and the room lit up. It was my old house. I looked around it in shock, it looked even bigger with no furniture or toys laying around everywhere.

Well, then why did you take me here? Why did you knock me unconscious because my head hurts! Why are you here? Can I go home? I don't have time for this."

"You never had time for anything."

I scoffed. "Well sorry that I have a busy schedule maybe if you could-"

Let me show you something." , Adam said cutting me off and leading me to what use to be our living room. In the middle of the room was one of our couches. This must have been what we left behind so Joe must be coming soon. He sat down and motioned for me to sit down next to him but I didn't budge. "I knocked you unconscious because I knew that if I didn't, you would never come here with me. Never. Am I right?"

"Yes." , I mumbled. "Well sorry that I have a busy schedule maybe if you could-"

"Enough about your husband and kids. I get that part. I brought you here because I didn't know where else we could talk."

"A hotel, the park, my house, a-"

"I'm here because I'm still in love with you and I really think you're making the wrong decision, staying with your husband and kids."

"You don't think I love them?"

"No. I don't think you love your husband. At least anymore."

A pause. "What do you mean?" , I asked

"I think you loved Joe at first. And then when things got more serious, you two got married, had you, beautiful kids, I just don't think you wanted that, at least with him. I know you're probably thinking about how I could possibly know all that, and it's because when I kissed you...we've said this before but it was more than just a kiss. I felt like you didn't want to let go...ever. And neither do I. I have a house in Scotland. Bring your kids, it's big enough and we could live there."

Don't reply to what he just said, I told myself. "My kids hate you. Would you just be like...their new father? Do you have any idea how hard that would be to them?"

"They'll get use to it."

I sighed, running my fingers through my hair. What was even scarier than getting kidnapped, or being in an abandoned house, or anything, was that everything Adam had just said was right.