The One Part 36

Taylor POV:

After Joe's birthday, time seemed to fly by. We had a date picked out for our wedding and Patricia was turning one. Our entire families  was there and Karlie who we chose was going to be the godmother.

Our families had arrived yesterday and spent the night so the one person we were waiting on was Karlie who was always on time.

I went over to my dad who was holding Patricia. He had been holding her the entire morning, not wanted to share.

"Hi dad. Hi birthday girl." ,I said.

"Hey Taylor."

"Dad you know you have to share Patricia." ,I told him looking at everyone else eager to hold her.

"I don't want to share her." ,he complained as Patricia grabbed onto his face.

I sighed, then heard a knock on the door, opening it for Karlie.

"Hey Karlie! How are you?" ,I asked as she hugged me.

"Hey!" ,she replied not paying much attention to me. "Where's my god daughter?"

"With my dad." ,I motioned to them. "Good luck getting him to let go of her."

Karlie POV:

"Hi Mr. Swift." ,I said politely sitting down next to him.

"Hi Karlie. I heard you're Patricia's god mother."

"Yeah. I'm really excited." ,I replied keeping an eye on Patricia who was now sucking on her thumb. "Can I hold her?"

I could tell Mr. Swift was hesitant then carefully handing her to me. Patricia took her thumb out of her mouth grabbing onto my shirt. I could already tell she looked a lot like Taylor.

"Hi there Patricia. Happy birthday!" ,I told her. I could tell Taylor was watching.

She looked at me terrified and I was starting to get afraid that she was going to start crying.

"I'm your god mother. Please don't cry." ,I begged as she put her thumb back in her mouth. Soon, her bottom lip came out a bit and she started crying.

Joe POV:

I saw what was happening and decided to go over to Karlie to help.

"Hey. Need help?" ,I asked and she nodded, handing Patricia to me.

Rocking her in my arms slowly she stopped crying and was back to Happy Patricia in a few weeks.

"Sorry about Patricia." ,I told Karlie. "She's not usually like this."

"I totally understand." ,she said cheerfully rubbing her arm nervously.

Taylor POV:

After a couple minutes of their awkward conversation I went over to them.

"Hey Taylor." ,Joe said giving me a kiss.

"Hi." ,I replied. "I was thinking we should bring out Patricia's cake. And I'm going to get dinner ready."

"Alright." ,I heard Joe say as I walked into the kitchen to get Patricia's cake. It was baby-sized chocolate with pink butter cream frosting. Joe and I had switched her from baby food to real food about two months ago and she seemed to love it.

Once I lit the one candle I brought in out to Patricia who was in her highchair, everyone surrounding her. I carefully placed the cake on the table as we all sang to her and my mom took tons of pictures. 

Joe and I tried to show her how to blow out the candle but eventually gave up. Kneeling down next to her chair we helped her blow it out as my mom snapped even more pictures. Joe took out the '1' candle as Patricia grabbed onto a piece of cake and smashed it into her face, hardly any actually getting into her mouth.

"She's so cute." ,Joe's mom exclaimed and I saw Joe smile.

"Hey, maybe I'll do that to you at our wedding." ,Joe teased nudging me as Patricia grabbed another two handfuls of cake.

"Don't even thing about it." ,I said elbowing him in the ribs as he laughed.

Once Patricia had finished most of the cake, the rest being on the floor, everyone left.

"Bye Patrick." ,I said lifting Patricia's hand up to wave goodbye. He was the last one to leave.

"Bye Taylor. Bye Patricia." ,he said. "Listen, if you two ever need me to babysit her or anything I would be more then happy to do it."

"Thanks Patrick but we really don't-"

"How would you like to watch her on New Years." ,Joe said interrupting me.

"You don't want to spend the day with her?" ,Patrick asked surprised. "I mean, I will."

I looked up at Joe. "Yeah. We're just planning on having a party." ,Joe said.

"We are?" ,I asked.

"Yeah!" ,Joe said reassuringly.

"Well why can't I go?" ,Patrick whined.

"You just said you would watch her." ,Joe said.

"Yeah...well...Fine." ,he mumbled then left.

"We're having a New Years party?" ,I asked Joe wiped some of the cake of Patricia's face.

"It'll be fun. We need a break."

"We just had one for your birthday." ,I told Joe grabbing another paper towel for Patricia.

"That was months ago." ,Joe complained. "C'mon, Pleeease."

"Fine. But just this once." ,I said. "I'm going to give Patricia a bath then put her in bed. See you later."

"Okay." ,Joe said giving Patricia and I one more kiss before we left.

Later that night after Patricia had fallen asleep, way earlier then normal, Joe and I decided to watch some, Friends, our favorite T.V. show. I loved the show, but it also reminded me that I didn't have the freedom I had before Patricia was born, which I had to admit, was nice. But I knew as hard as this was, Patricia was going to be the first priority for the rest of my life.