The One Part 19

Taylor POV:

I insisted to pay the drive, and after we got out. The weather was colder then I had expected and I was already regretting wearing a dress. I stared at the house knowing his parents were inside and swallowed. 'It's to late to back down now.' I told myself as Joe came up to my side. 

"It's alright." ,he told said, putting an arm around me. 

I nodded as we walked to the front door. Joe was just about to knock when the door swung open and I saw his parents, trying to act as casual as possible.

"Honey!" ,Joe's mom explained hugging him.

"Hi Mom. Hey Dad." ,he said, then stepping back to me as we moved inside the house.

"Mom, Dad, this is my girlfriend Taylor. Taylor, these are my parents." 

"Hi Mr. and Mrs. Alwyn." ,I said stretching my hand out to said her's but instead she hugged me.

"Hi Taylor. We've heard so many great things about you, Joe is always talking about you. It's so good to finally meet you." ,she said.

"It's good to meet you too." ,I said shocked. I really didn't think she would like me.

"Hi Taylor. Good to see you." ,his dad said shaking my hand.

"You too, Mr. Alwyn." ,I said as Joe wrapped his arm around my waist. Now, I could see that Joe looked more like his dad then his mom.

"Where's Patrick?" ,he asked.

"Upstairs. He was up all night yesterday studying for finals so were letting him sleep in."

"Cool." ,Joe said.

After a while we were sitting on the navy blue leather couch. I hadn't seen this part of his house. 

"So how long have you two been together." ,Joe's mom asked. And the honest answer was, I didn't remember. I had the date marked on a calendar but I didn't actually remember the day. 

"Five months tomorrow." ,Joe explained. It seemed like his mom asked questions like that a lot. 

Five months sounded about right it me. And I was impressed he remembered.

"Wow." ,she said. We talked for a while later then eat.

"The food was excellent. Thank you." ,I said as we began to clean the table.

"Oh thank you. Joe never liked this as a kid." ,his mom began, "He use to feed broccoli to the dog."

"Aww." ,I laughed looked at him I saw he was blushing.

"So eventually, he wasn't allowed to play with Mr. Teddy until he ate everything on his plate."

"Mom..." ,Joe whined. 

"Mr. Teddy?" ,I asked looking back at him to see his face twice as red as it was before.

"His Teddy bear. He use to drag that think everywhere. And when we finally got rid of it, he wouldn't leave his room, not even to go to school, until we bought him another." 

I laughed, and began to help dry the dishes. 

"Mom, stop." 

"Honey, you know I'm just teasing you." 

"Yeah." ,he mumbled, putting the plates back in the cupboards.

Later on that night, we were laying in his bed. I was exhausted and jet-leg from the flight over.

"Sorry about my Mom." ,Joe whispered to me.

"No, she's cool. I like her." ,I said. "Her stories of you are adorable."

"And embarrassing." ,he mumbled playing with my hair. "But we look through some old photo albums tomorrow...."

I definitely wanted to see those photo albums, I imaged the pictures of him as a baby would be adorable. "Of course I want too." ,I exclaimed. 

I paused for a second but he didn't respond. Carefully, I tilted my head up to see that he was already asleep.