The One Part 95

Hey everyone! I'm posting this part today because I'm so happy I'm finished with AP tests and SAT's and it's almost the end of the school year! Enjoy!

***

Patricia POV:

Seeing this, I gasped out loud. Loud enough for both of them to hear and turn our way. I would have run away, but it was starting to get cold outside and I was afraid that if I did run, I wouldn't be able to find my way back. All eyes were on me but I still needed a moment to soak in everything. So this was how things were going to be now, Mom possible get kidnapped so the smartest thing to do is kiss our godmother?! I'm only in sixth grade and I'm smarter than that, and just when I when we had found a safe place to live.

"Why are you home early pumpkin?" , Dad asked as if calling me pumpkin would change everything. I wondered if he used to do that with mom too. 

I didn't reply but instead kept glaring as if I did hard enough they both would blow up into a million tiny pieces.

"Patricia? What's going on?" , David asked innocently. "Why do you look mad." , he turned his head to Dad. "Daddy?"

"C'mon David." , I said before dad could answer, pushing all my slings gently up the stairs. There wasn't much room in godmothers house so I would have to share a room with Daisy and Lily and the boys would have to share a slightly smaller room which sucked for me. "Don't talk to Dad." 

There were no more words exchanged, nothing more anymore could say. It's not like there was any use defending what we had obviously just seen, even Lily got it. And soon, we were gone.

Taylor POV:

I had been leaning against the wall for a while and was starting to get a bit tired so I finally moved over to the couch as far away from Adam as possible. Even though what he had said was true, didn't mean I had to admit it.

"How would this work?" , I finally asked looking over at Adam. "If...if we got back together."

"What do you mean?"

I sighed. I was hoping he would just understand what I meant. "Well, you said we would live in your house...in Scotland. So, we would just be friends living in the same house with my kids. And you would kinda be a father figure to them. MY kids need a dad. Just...what would go on there?"

He chuckled and I remembered how bad I wanted to kiss him from that. "I thought about it. Would you want to get married?" 

I scoffed. "Well, that's the right way to ask."

Adam looked at me shocked and I realized what I had just done. "Wait." , he said quickly. "You...you really want to get married...to me?"

All of a sudden I Felt really embarrassed. "You asked." , I mumbled wrapping my arms around myself.

I looked at Adam he stuttered trying to find his words, he kidnapped me, was he really that shocked. Trying to avoid the awkwardness I realized how nicely he was dressed, he almost never wore nice clothes when we went out and his hair looked nicely combed. Twirling my thumbs, I looked away. 

Finally, "I should probably go." , I said beginning to stand up.

"No wait, don't go." , Adam begged clutching onto my arm. "I was joking."

"About wanting to get married?!" , I asked. "That was rude."

"No, not about that." , Adam said laughing and moving in a little closer. "About being so surprised when you answered as if you really did want to get married. I don't know why I acted that way actually, sorry."

I blushed just from hearing his voice. "It's alright."

"Anyway. I do still love you. And I think everything I just said about you...about us...you think is true."

Darn it

"And I want to spend the rest of my life with you...and your kids. I don't know what I was thinking when I broke up with you all those years ago. Maybe we needed a break back then or something. But I want the break to be over. I'm ready."

He looked at me smiling. "Taylor Alison Swift will-"

"Adam, stop!" , I shouted abruptly. This couldn't go any further.

"What's wrong, Taylor?" , Adam asked surprised. "Didn't you want to get married like, two minutes ago?"

Hearing that I began stuttering. "No...well, Yes. I don't know!" , I sighed angrily. This was a pain. "I do want to get married to you, really. But...I'm not going to cheat again. I should get a divorce and go through that process before anything else starts between us. And that's going to be really hard on JOe and my kids. It will take a while before we can actually get married or even engaged." , I gently closed the ring box. "Can you wait?"

I saw another smile run across Adam's face as he nodded, standing up. "I understand. I can wait. Take all the time you need, and when you are ready, I'll be there."

"Thank you." , I said giving him a friendly kiss on the cheek and a hug. "Now can we please get out of here? Without the furniture...and crayon on the wall. Well, it's kinda freaking me out."

Adam laughed putting an arm around me. "Sure."