The One Part 94

Joe POV:

The next day, I was driving the kids to school. Karlie's house wasn't in walking distance of a school and I never saw a bus so I would have to take the time to drive until we got a new house, I had already started looking. Karlie would volunteer driving but I insisted, she was nice enough to let us stay at her house and I didn't want her to have to do any more work.

As we got closer to the school, I could hear sirens coming from behind and I quickly pulled over onto the grass to let them pass, letting out a sigh of relief. Every time I heard sirens, I would think about Taylor. There was no new news about her, so all we could do was hope that she was okay and that she would come home safe and alive. I didn't know what I would do without her.

After dropping the kids off at school I decided today would be a good day to run some errands. The kids had only a couple pairs of school clothes each, after the house burnt down and they would need some more, even though they wouldn't fit for long. All the kids were going through growth sprits and I felt like I was giving away clothes every day. When I got back to Karlie's house a few houses later, she was waiting at the door.

"Hey." , she said stumbling a bit as I walked in. "I made food for lunch."

I was shocked at her sudden approach. Just because Taylor was missing didn't mean she could flirt. "Well...um...I...", I stuttered trying to figure out what to say and how. "That's really really nice...but there can't be anything between-"

"Wait." , Karlie said quickly and laughed. "I don't mean this as a date or anything. Listen, I'm the godmother of all five of your kids and best friends with your wife. I"m only trying to be friendly here."

She laughed again backing into the kitchen with me following. "It's fine. I've done it enough myself."

After dishing up some of the delicious food she had prepared, some of it looked better then what Taylor would make, we sat down at the table across from each other, me still feeling guilty for how I acted. There was an awkward silence, I knew I should say something, but I didn't know what. I always had that problem.

"So...", she finally began cutting off the silence. "You were in a movie a while ago, the lead character. I watched it and I thought it was really good."

"Thanks." , I said blushing. I felt like I was thanking her more for not bringing up Taylor then complimenting my movie, I just couldn't handle it anymore and she understood. "And you're...", I obviously knew she was a Victoria Secret model but I didn't want to ask in case it sounded like I was flirting. It just didn't seem like a casual conversation topic. "You model for Victoria Secret?" , I finally said biting my lip.

"Yeah." , she began playing with the food on her plate. "It's going well and all...but I might quit soon."

"Why?" , I asked way to quickly.

She shrugged. "I don't know. I guess it's just not me anymore, you know? I danced when I was a kid and I might get back into that."

I nodded politely. "Whatever makes you happy."

Even though they weren't related, I could see the resemblance between Karlie and Taylor. The way that they talked, acted, looked. A few seconds later I could tell Karlie was looking at me strangely and I blinked my eyes, coming into the sense that I had been staring.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry." , I said quickly standing up in embarrassment as Karlie followed my footsteps. "I didn't mean to stare."

"Relax. It's fine. You'll probably be staying here for a while longer so make yourself comfortable." , she announced putting her hand on each of my shoulders. I knew it was more of a move just to get me to calm down but it felt like way more.

I nodded, swallowing hard. "You know, our house won't be finished for a long time and I don't know if any more will ever find Taylor, so I should probably just go..."

"No...don't go." , she said slightly leaning in.

I hadn't known her for the long, but at the moment, it felt like we had been friends forever. Anyway, Taylor had cheated on me before so this was only fair. Besides, I was a better liar then she was, hence, her telling me about Adam soon after it happened. So. closing my eyes, I kissed her.

When we finally pulled away, I realized what had just happened, and that she had been drinking, but it felt too good to stop, I didn't want to stop.

"So..." I began, feeling a little more comfortable in the situation. "This was supposed to be a date?"

She blushed. "Yeah..." , she mumbled kinda like Taylor would when I caught her in one of those situations. "Sorry."

I shook my head. "Don't be." , I whispered, then kissed her.

Daisy POV:

Me, my brothers and sisters had just gotten off the bus and into Karlie's neighborhood. The elementary school and middle school were close enough that we could all fit on one bus. I didn't understand why Daddy was always so stressed about driving us to school each morning when there was a bus, I guess he forgot.

I was thrilled that there was a gas leak at school, no one was hurt luckily, but it meant we got to go home early. Best. Day. Ever. But after jumping off the bus we all stopped. Only having lived in the neighborhood for a couple days, I didn't know the way home and I was uncertain if Patricia knew either.

"Patricia, where's god mommy's house?"

"Uh...", she said looking around the unfamiliar houses. "I think this way." , she said pointing to the right. But she didn't sound too confident which worried me She better be right.

Surely enough, we made it back to the house in no time. God mommy had given Patricia a key to the house in case her or Joe wasn't there and Patricia slide it into the lock. The key made it in less then an inch and I began to wonder if this was the right house after all. But just before I was about to knock, Patricia put my hand down, sliding the key in the other way. This time, it worked, fitting in perfectly and the door flung open revealing Daddy kissing god mommy.