The One Part 99

Taylor POV:

"What do you mean you want to get a divorce?!" , Joe shouted after a long night or arguing. Everything was falling apart in those seconds of telling him.

"Joe." , I said as softly as possible. "Hear me out. I'm just not happy in this marriage anymore."

"No!" , he replied as he began pacing around the room biting onto his nail. "No. You don't just back away because something's hard or you don't like something! We have to push through it, it's part of marriage!"

"Joe, you don't understand." , I whispered putting my face in my hands. "Please."

"But maybe if you would tell me what the heck was going on I could try! Tell me something, anything!" , he exclaimed kneeling in front of me. 

I sighed, tears filling my eyes and thoughts raced through my mind as I wiped them away before it was too clear I was going to cry. I had three options, continue to act stubborn and refuse to tell my husband, lie, or tell the truth, none of them seemed right.

"I...I can't." , I mumbled.

"Of course you can't." , Joe said standing up and throwing his hands in the air. "You never tell me anything anymore! For all I know whoever kidnapped you is Adam!"

A lump formed in my throat and I paused, trying to swallow it back down, I felt like I was going to throw up. I knew it was just a guess, a very accurate guess, but it took a toll on me as I tried to recover. 

Joe looked at me closely to try and read my expression, his eyes were as cold as ice and I focused my attention on the ground, it couldn't judge me. "It wasn't Adam, right? He isn't the one forcing you down this road, right?"

Oh no. "He's not forcing me to do anything!" , I fired back not directly answering his question. "And this is my decision. It's not that I hate you. I just don't love you anymore."

Joe scoffed. "Same thing." , he mumbled. "So you're just done fighting for us? Fighting for our kids? You don't want to do anything to try and save our marriage?! You just...done?"

I really didn't think anything would help but it didn't hurt trying. "Well, what did you have in mind?"

A few hours later, while the kids were hanging out with Karlie, I found myself in a therapy office. Someone had just walked into the room, she introduced herself as Mrs. Thomson and she sat down in a chair across from us, she was holding a clipboard and a pen. Great, it felt weird enough being here and now what I said had to be written down? 

"So, what brings you two in here today?", she asked crossing her legs as I avoided eye contact.

I could tell Joe was staring at me but I wasn't budging. "My wife wants to get a divorce." , he began and I squeezed my eyes shut. Even if I wanted to get a divorce, didn't mean I wanted someone to say it one hundred times.

Joe POV:

Taylor had been really cautious coming in here. It wasn't strange or anything for me, at least anymore. When I was younger I would argue a lot with my parents and they would make me go to therapy, but I could tell it was different for Taylor, I knew her past.

"A while ago, she cheated on me, then she got kidnapped and was worried about her sick for days, and she just said she wanted a divorce all of a sudden, without any warning, and she won't tell me why so I can't do anything about it. I just feel like I'm being left out."

Mrs. Thomson turned to look at Taylor. "Is there any reason you felt the need to get a divorce?"

Taylor shrugged and she looked like she was about to cry. "I just am not happy anymore, I can't seem to say that enough." , she explained biting her bottom lip for a second and turned to look at me for the first time since we got in the car to drive over here. "I loved you at first, I really did...but I don't feel that same connection with you anymore and it's not anything you did. And...I mean...I don't expect us to have the very same connection, but when I was kidnapped...I learned some things."