The One Part 18

Taylor POV:

We got home, his car halting to a stop. I squinted my eyes, looking at the clock, 2:10.

"Thanks." ,I said beginning to open the door.

 "Wait." ,he began placing a hand on my leg. "I met your parents."

I knew where this was going but I still wanted him to say it.

"But you haven't meet mine. Will you?"

I nodded. "Yeah." ,I said leaning over to kiss him.

I left the car, and made it to the door. Looking behind me to see his car pull out of my drive.

About a week later I was driving to the airport to meet up with Joe. They had a business meeting so we were going to fly to England to see them.  

I had got to the airport, pulling into spot. Joe hadn't arrived yet but I wasn't too surprised, it would take him double the time it would take me to get there. I had to admit, I was really nervous meeting his parents. After everything that happened, I wondered if they would like me.

After a while Joe had arrived pulling into the spot right next to mine. I got out to greet him and within an hour we were on the plane, his dog laying in his lap, like my cats always do.

"You nervous?" ,he asked petting his dog as it slept.

"No." ,I lied looking away from him.

"You look nervous." ,he said turning my face to look back at him.

"I don't know. I mean I almost broke your nose and...and I don't think they'll like me." I explained as the plane took of and Conner woke up, jumping off Joe's lap.

"They'll love you." 

"But...but Isabella. Won't they hate me because I'm the reason you two broke up." ,I said trying not to cry.

"I told them all about it. They want me to be happy, and I'm happy with you." ,he took my hands and I wiped away a tear before Joe saw.

"Okay." ,I nodded and Conner jumped up on me.

The flight took forever but pretty soon we were there. In disguise we got into a taxi. Our luggage would be delivered later in the day. We got in the taxi and Joe told the person where to go, then grabbed hold of my hand. 99.5 was playing softly and I looked out the window. I had always though England, especially London was such a beautiful place.

The driver made a left and I knew we were getting closer.

"We're almost there." ,Joe told me quietly and butterflies began appearing in my stomach. He looked over at me and and I gave him a small smile, looking back out the window. Then, I felt him squeeze my hand as we got even closer, then again, and again. I knew what that meant. 

I looked at him wide-eyed. I knew we had said 'I love you' before, but it was different this. He grinned to himself as the taxi stopped right in front of his house.