The One Part 65

Taylor POV:

Joe looked from me to my stomach, his eyes were just as big as they were for Patricia and the triplets. We were in our bed, but it was only 2:00 while the kids were watching TV, and when the show ended in another half hour we would go back to us making sure they didn't jump on the couch for the rest of the day.

He placed a hand on my stomach as the baby kicked again. I put my hand over his and smiled to myself.

"I really hope it's another boy." , he announced

"No.", I whined. "I think it's going to be a girl. When do we get to find out anyway?"

"Um...", Joe thought for a moment. "Probably your next appointment."

I sighed as the baby kicked again and leaned my head against the headboard. Just then, Jack appeared in my sight, his brand new stuffed animal dragon tucked protectively under his arm.

"Mommy I'm hungry." , he said

"Don't worry buddy." , Joe said getting out of the bed. "I'll get you something to eat."

"Wait." , I said quickly then wincing. "Jack, do you want to feel your sister or brother kicking?"

Jack hesitated for a moment before coming over to me. I picked him up and placed him on the bed, putting one of his hands where the baby was kicking. Joining in, he put his dragon hand on my stomach too, making me laugh.

"And that's the baby?" , he finally asked.

I nodded. "It is." , I told him.

"When will the baby be here?"

"Three months."

"That's soon. If it's not a boy can you give her back?" , he asked jumping off the bed.

I laughed. "You know, Patricia asked the same thing about you." , I said

"So that's a no?" , he asked sadly

"I'm afraid not."

A minute later David and Daisy entered the room, I guess Jack had spread the word. I was a little shocked that Patricia hadn't changed her mind o getting another sibling, but I Figured she might change when the baby was born.

"Is the baby still kicking?" , David asked hopefully.

"I'm afraid not." , I said and they both looked like they had gotten in trouble for something. "But you know maybe if you talk to the baby he or she might kick again."

With that, they both ran over to the bed and I placed one on either side of me.

"I hope you're a girl." , Daisy said to my stomach then immediately pressed her hand to my stomach, expecting something to happen.

David copied Daisy. "Patricia doesn't want another brother or sister." , David said. "But me and Daisy and Jack do. We love you." 

I really didn't think talking to the baby would work but surprisingly I felt a kick and David and Daisy gasped grinning 

"The baby kicked! The baby kicked!" , Daisy exclaimed.

"I know." , I said as they both gave me hugs.

OUto f the corner of my eye, I saw Patricia standing in the doorway of the bedroom, I knew she must have felt left out and I gave her a look of pity. But before I could say anything, she had disappeared out of my sight.