The One Part 68

Taylor POV:

"Oh my gosh." , he said after moment finally realizing what was happening. 

"What's going on?" , David asked worriedly looked at Joe confused.

"We need to get your mommy to the hospital." , he replied.

Gathering up some things, we all got in the car and drove to the hospital. For once, the car didn't break down and Joe was there. All the kids stayed silent in the back, they knew now was not a good time to talk, but the silence seemed to be even worse.

"Patricia." , I said with labored breathing, the hospital wasn't that close and it looked like we were heading into some traffic, great. "What do you think the baby's name should be." 

"Uh...Anna."

"I think it should be a boy." , David mumbled.

"I want the name to be Lily." , Daisy added.

"What about you Jack?" , I asked as we moved into the HOV lanes.

"Lily." 

We got to the hospital and it was the same routine again. Joe dropped the kids at the daycare then rushed back to find my room. Lily Paige Alwyn was born a little over an hour later. I didn't think it was the best idea to bring all the kids in at once in case they decided to fight over who would get to hold her.

I decided that Daisy should come in first, it was the name that she had suggested. Ironically, she was brought in by the same nurse who brought in Patricia when she was born.

"Hi, honey." , I said to Daisy as she walked over to me cautiously. 

"Hi." , she squeaked.

"Do you want to hold your sister?" , I asked.

She nodded and Joe propped her on the bed next to me, Stretching out her arms, I handed her Lily, who slowly opened her eyes to see what was going on.

"She's so little." , Daisy said smiling. "What's her name?"

"Lily." , I replied.

Daisy gasped. "That's the name I said!" , she exclaimed quietly.

I nodded. "I know, Joe and I liked that name most."

After a few more minutes of holding her, I took Lily back for the rest of the kids to get a chance. My mom, dad, and Austin would show up in a few minutes to meet Lily then take the rest of the kids home so we could stay in the hospital for one more night.

My mom and dad came into the room a little over an hour later. Apparently, Austin had gotten caught in traffic so he still wouldn't be here for a while.

"Hye, honey." , my mom said to me.

"Hi, mom." , I whispered.

"What's my next granddaughter's name?" , she asked sitting on the corner of the bed and looking at Lily who had recently fallen asleep.

"Her name's Lily. Daisy thought of it."

"Oh, that's a lovely name!" , my mom exclaimed.

I smiled. "Do you want to hold her?"

"Of course I do." , she replied taking Lily from me as my dad looked over at her.

Only after a few seconds Lily woke up and started crying. I could assume it was just because she was tired so my parents decided that it was a good time to leave. When they were gone, Joe sat down next to me on the bed. Lily had woken up again and was a little fussy, but I had calmed her down.

"She's so beautiful." , Joe said quietly as she stared at him with her tiny squinted blue eyes.

"Yeah." , I replied sighing. "I can't believe we have five kids now."

Joe laughed. "If we're surviving four we can deal with one more. Can I hold her again?" 

"Of course." , I said handing him, Lily.

What was crazy at first was the fact that we had five kids, but what was even more, was the this was going to be our last kid even, the last time we brought a newborn from the hospital, the last time we got to hear her first words, and the last time I got to see the expression on Joe's face when he got to hold her for the first time. Some of my closest friends would tell me time flies having kids, but I'm only starting to realize that now.