The One Part 74

Taylor POV:

When we finally pulled away, it felt like my brain had just turned back on, and I realized what I had just down, I felt like I was going to throw-up.

"Taylor, are you okay?" , Adam asked

I nodded. "Yeah." , I replied in a monotone voice. "I'm fine. But I should head home. I told Joe I'd be home by twelve."

"Alright. Get in my car, I'll drive you to yours."

"Thanks." , I said getting into the passenger's side."

He knew I didn't want to talk about the kiss because it was just a kiss and it didn't mean anything. I wasn't going to betray my family. When we got to the Starbucks in about five minutes, Adam handed me my purse before I jumped out. 

"Wait." , he said just as I was about to get out. "That kiss. It was my fault, I'm sorry. I promise I won't tell anyone about it."

I nodded. "Thank you for saying that. And...the kiss even though I knew just as well as you, we can't do anything about it."

"Anytime."

That night, sleeping next to Joe, I felt like the worst wife in the world, which I was. I cheat on my husband and act like everything's fine, which it's not. I was a monster.

"Taylor?"  , Joe asked me setting down the home phone. He had just hung up and didn't look happy.

"Yeah?" , I asked turning around from across the room while making breakfast.

"I just got off the phone with Adam. He says you kissed him yesterday. That's not true, right?"

My eyes turned huge and I laughed nervously. "No." , I stuttered under my breath.

Joe gasped. "It is!" , Joe exclaimed. "I didn't want to believe it, but it is!"

"Joe, wait!" , I begged.

"Shut up." , he mumbled marching upstairs. "I'm leaving. And I'm taking the kids."

"Can't we share them?" , I asked.

"You're a cheater. I'm not letting our kids live with you." , he shouted from upstairs.

A moment later Joe appeared, LIly in one arm and a suitcase in the other. All our kids following also had their own personal bags we had got them earlier that year.

"Patricia, honey." , I tried.

"Mommy, I-"

"Don't talk to Mommy, remember?" , Joe told her.

"No!" , I screamed when they all had gotten in the car. I was living my worst nightmare. And before I could say anything more, they all left, forever.

Joe POV:

"No. No. No. No! No! No!!"

I woke up slowly, wondering what was going on, did one of the kids wake up or get sick. But I quickly realized the voice was coming from Taylor. It must just be a bad dream I thought, but I wasn't letting her suffer it.

"Taylor." , I said, gently shaking her.

"No!" , she shouted even louder.

"Taylor!" , I said a little louder finally waking her up.

Her eyes shot open, searching the room then finally finding me as she began to cry. A second later she was in my arms as I tried to calm her.

"It's okay. You're okay." , I said stroking her hair.

She sniffed, wiping her eyes on her sleeve and shook her head. "But it's not." , she cried.

"What was the dream, if I can ask?"

"You and all the kids left me." , she mumbled.

I froze. Why would she ever think that? "Well, I can assure you that I will never leave. The kids...when they go to college, I can't promise."

I could tell she was smiling and I then added. "Why do you think I left you, in your dream?"

Taylor POV:

Because I cheated on you. But instead, I shrugged.  There was no way I was going to tell JOe now. I was afraid if I did, he might actually leave.