The One Part 41

Taylor POV:

Two weeks later I was leaving for tour. Joe was going to take care of Patricia while I was gone because we were afraid of her getting ear damage, even with ear protection. Although I knew my first show wasn't until tomorrow and I could leave as late as I wanted to, the longer I stayed with Joe and Patricia, the harder it would be to leave.

After lugging down my final suitcase all thirty steps down, I sat on the step to catch my breath. Joe was out taking Patricia for a walk which was probably best for all of us since packing to leave my family for a couple months could be stressful.

"We're back." ,Joe announced as Patricia ran through the door ahead of him, wearing her purple flower dress which I had gotten for her a few weeks back.

"Hi mommy." ,she said giving me a hug as I took the sun hat off her. 

"Hi Patricia." ,I replied giving Joe a kiss as he came over to me. 

"We got this for you." ,she said handing me a perfectly wrapped rectangular box.

"Thank you, honey." ,I said looking up suspiciously at Joe who just shrugged. 

Moving over to the living room, we all sat down and I began unwrapping the present which I soon realized was a photo of all of us taken on our wedding day, I hadn't even realized we had receive the pictures yet.

"Oh my gosh." ,I said covering my mouth, I didn't want to cry in front of Patricia.

Patricia noticed something was a little wrong, something she had gotten really good at. "It's so you won't forget us. It was daddy's idea." 

"Oh, that's so sweet. Thank you." ,I said stretching my arms out to her, picking her up and kissing her on the cheek. "I'm never going to forget you two." Our of the corner of my eye I saw Joe blushing and moved my one arm that wasn't hold Patricia to Joe, motioning for him to join the hug.

Later that day Joe and I were at the airport. I had already said goodbye to Patricia, she was back at the house while Karlie watched her. I didn't want to let Patricia see me cry.

"So..." ,Joe said as my bags were put into the plane. "I...goodbye. Have fun on tour."

I nodded sadly. I didn't want to leave any more then he wanted me to. "Thanks. You and Patricia can Face-time me whenever you want."

"Okay." ,he mumbled. "And you have the gift, right?"

"In my bag." ,I said patting it.

"I love you." ,he said quietly pulling me into on last hug. I could tell he was crying.

"I love you too." ,I replied wiping my own eyes and looking behind me at the plane. "I have to-" ,I pointed behind me.

Joe nodded. "I'll see you soon." ,he said kissing me.

"Bye..."

"Bye."

With that, I got onto the plane, picking a seat right next to the window, waving goodbye to Joe as the plane took off. I waved to him as he disappeared  out of my sight and Olivia jumped into my lap frightened from the plane. I was really going to miss Joe, but I knew we could work it out like we always did.