The One Part 79

Taylor POV:

I gasped, seeing what had just happened. I really wanted to punch Selena right now, but I knew had to focus on Lily right now.

"Lily, come here honey." , I said pulling her off the floor and rocking her in my arms as she continued screaming.

"I'm so sorry." , Selena exclaimed. "I never meant for her to fall." 

"Well, then you shouldn't have looked away from her." , I mumbled. "No wonder you don't have kids."

"I could have kids if I wanted kids."

"Sure." , I said looking at Lily, she didn't look right. "I think I'm going to take Lily to the doctors. Something doesn't seem right with her."

"Can I do anything?" , Selena asked hopefully.

I sighed, I didn't want to admit it but there was. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but watch the kids if one more gets hurt I'll-"

"I'll watch them like a hawk." , she said quickly "Now go make sure Lily is okay."

When I got Lily to the doctors, they immediately found out that she had broken her leg and I had to drive back over to the hospital so she could get a cast on it. I was so relieved that it wasn't a horrible break, but she would have to wear the cast for about a month.

Driving to the doctor's office and the hospital took a while so by the time we got home it was dark. Parking next to Selena's car I came into a silent house, it reminded me too much of the previous day when Joe had left.

I searched the room to see Selena checking her phone on the couch. Seeing me, she stood up nervously.

"Hey." , she said as if I might bite. "I fed the kids dinner and got them to bed. I hope you don't mind. They're all really worried about Lily, how is she?"

"She's alright. They gave her some medicine for the pain and she'll have to wear the cast for a while."

"I'm so sorry. It's all my fault. If you ever need anything just say it."

"Hey." , I said placing a hand on her shoulder. "Mistakes happen. You didn't know and thank you for watching the kids"

She nodded and I hugged me. "It's the least I could do, with everything you're going through. You're a great friend."