The One Part 22

Taylor POV:

I looked up from my plate to Ellie who was smirking. 

I sighed, "Fine." ,I mumbled. I really hated needles. 

It was about 11:00 when Ellie dropped me back at my house. Unlocking the door, I put my hand on the handle.

"Thanks for coming with me to get tattoo." ,I said opening the door.

"No problem." ,she replied as I got out of the car. 

The house was dark when I went in, Joe was at his cousins wedding but would be home by our one year anniversary, it felt strange without him here. Obviously, I could call my friends, but I was exhausted, so decided to go to bed. 

The day of our anniversary, I drove over to his house. He said he had everything set up and neither his parents, or brother was home. I got there and parked in the same place as normal then walked up to the door, but before I could knock, Joe opened it.

He was wearing a suit, with his hair slicked back, how I liked it.

"Hi." ,he said giving me a kiss. "You look beutiful." 

I could've protested, but I decided not to. I was wearing the purple dress with tiny sequins  Joe had said was his favorite and curled my hair, without burning my hand which was a big accomplishment. 

"Thanks." ,I replied blushing "You too." 

After a while, we sat down on the sofa to watch a movie, my head was against his chest as he played with my hair. I wasn't really paying attention to the movie. I could hear his heart beating as I closed my eyes.

Finally, I saw the credits rolling down the t.v. and slowly got off of Joe. I heard my stomach growl but I hoped Joe didn't notice. He looked over at me.

"Hungry?" ,he asked.

I nodded shyly and he helped me up.

"Well..." ,he began taking both of my hands "I can't promise the food is as good as you make it, but I need to ask you something first." 

I was so lost at this point. What did he mean and why couldn't we just eat already.

"I love you. I love waking up to see you every morning, and I never want to loose you or let you go. You know how to make me smile when no one else can. It's hard for me to image not being with you and I hope you feel the same way."

With that he got one one knee in front of me and pulled out a ring. "Will you marry me?" ,he asked.

***

Hoped you liked this part. Also, follow me on The Swift Life! I'm