The One Part 61

Taylor POV:

Joe and I arrived at Patrick's house early the next morning. I was surprised to see that all of our kids were awake considering it was only 6:00. Patricia was in the living room playing with Daisy and her dolls while Patrick fed Jack and David.

"Hi, Mommy! Hi daddy!" , Patricia said jumping into Joe's arms.

"Hi, honey."

Daisy squealed when she saw us. With the help of the couch, she pulled herself off the floor and waddled over to me with outstretched arms. I gasped seeing this and lifted her into my arms, giving her a kiss.

"So I guess they're still walking, huh." , I said to Patrick after greeting him.

"Yeah." , he laughed. "And they haven't stopped. I swear I've been chasing them around the house yesterday."

"Is that true?" , I asked Daisy who giggled.

Once David and Jack were done eating, we put them on the floor with Patricia so Joe and I could collect the things we had left here and when we came back, Jack and David were walking too, but this time near the steps to the basement.

I was surprised that Patrick hadn't closed the door so I picked them both up and put them back with Daisy and Patricia.

Patrick POV:

While I watched Taylor and Joe play with there triplets, I realized that Patricia was by my side. Her arms were crossed as she glared over at them, her face was turning a bit red.

"Patricia, are you alright?" , I asked putting my hand on her shoulder to get her attention.

"The triplets get all the attention." , she mumbled. "And all they do is eat and sleep and walk. They're no fun and mommy and daddy never pay any attention to me."

"I'm sure that can't be the case." , I told her. "Your mom and dad love you just as much as they love the triplets."

"How would you know?" , she said. "You are youngest."

I thought for a moment. She was right, I didn't know. Joe was probably so jealous of me getting all the attention.

"Well, ...thanks anyway Uncle Patrick." , she said then went back to the triplets and her parents.

Taylor POV:

I took a pregnancy a month or two later. The kids were spending the day at my mom's house, we would find a way to tell them later.

"What does it say?" , Joe shouted from outside the bathroom.

I stared at the pregnancy test. I was shocked. I had never gotten a negative pregnancy test before. I came back out and held the test up for Joe to see, sighing.

"It's negative."

I covered my face as I began crying. I could feel Joe wrap his arms around me as I continued to cry.

"It's alright." , Joe said rubbing my back as I continued sobbing. "We'll try again. We're going to figure this out."

I nodded, wiping my eyes with my sweatshirt. "I was just so sure." , I said quietly as Joe handed me a tissue.

"Me too." Joe squeezed my hands. "Well...the kids aren't coming back for a couple more hours."

I looked at him with that are-you-serious look, but I knew he was. And I was ready.