The One Part 49

Taylor POV:

A month later, I decided to take a pregnancy test. After taking in, I moved into my room to join Joe who was sitting nervously on the bed. When he saw me, he seemed to freak and his eyes got all glossy from crying.

"Well...." ,he said slowly.

"It's going to take a couple minutes, love." ,I explained. He didn't know how pregnancy tests worked to well since he wasn't with me the last time I took one.

"Oh." ,he replied training his eyes back in his lap.

"Hey, It's going to be alright!" ,I said calmly, sitting down next to him and cupping his face in my hands. "No matter what."

He nodded as more tears fell down his cheeks. I knew this was over welcoming. I was freaking out twice as much for my first test.

"So how long does it take." ,he sobbed wiping tears away.

"The box says three minutes." ,I explained.

"And how long has it been." 

I checked my watch. he sounded like Patricia. "One minute."

Groaning, he flopped back on the bed as I stroked his hair. For this, three minutes felt more like three hours. Two minutes later, the timer beeped 

"Is it time?" ,Joe asked, getting off the bed.

"Yeah..." ,I whispered. I didn't think I would be this nervous the second time around. I could feel Joe wrap his hand around mine as I stared at the door to where to test was.

"Should we check together?"

I nodded "Please."

Slower then a slow motion scene in a movie, Joe and I moved over to the bathroom to check until we were directly in front of it. But I wasn't looking at it, I was looking at Joe terrified. 

Finally, we managed to look at the test.

"Oh my gosh." ,I gasped covering my mouth with my hand.

"We're having another baby." ,Joe said stating the obvious.

"Yeah." ,I said smiling as I felt tears filling in my eyes. I didn't know how to act and placed my hand over my stomach looking up at Joe again. "We are." ,I sighed.

A scond later, I felt his arms wrap around me as we both begin to cry. We didn't have to pick Patricia up from preschool for another hour but I wondered how we would tell her. Would be exited about having a baby brother or sister?

"I love you." ,Joe said pulling me out of my thought.

"I love you too." ,I replied.

An hour alter, Joe had brought Patricia home from preschool. I had told him not to tell her about the baby yet, and that we should do it together, he better have listened.

"Hey honey. How was preschool." ,I asked as Patricia ran through the door, smashing her head into my stomach, giving me a hug. 

"Well mommy and I need to talk to you about something." ,Joe said.

"Okay." ,Patricia replied.

We all sat down on the couch as Joe pulled her onto his lap and sighed.

"Have I been bad?" ,Patricia asked worriedly. She always knew when something wasn't right when was impressive. 

"No honey." ,I said quickly. "We just have to tell you..." ,I looked up at Joe for permission to tell her and he nodded. "I'm going to be having a baby. You're going to be a big sister!"

Patricia gasped. "Really?!" ,she asked. "Is it a girl?!"

"Well. We don't know yet. But either way, you can help take care of the baby and love it!"

"I want it to be a girl." ,she said crossing her arms in protest as I took her from Joe pulling her into my lap. "Can you give it back if it's not a girl and get another?"

I laughed at her innocence, if only it was that easy. "Unfortunately we can't do that...So you're okay with having a brother or sister?" ,I didn't even know why I was asking that. It's not like she had an option.

"Yeah! I'm going to be a sister!" ,she said happily and I sighed in relief. Now the only problem would be if she was getting a brother.

***

What do you all think the gender of Taylor's baby will be? You'll find out in part 51!