The One Part 87

Joe POV:

There must have been the flu going around, and everyone, even the cats which I didn't even know was possible, had it. I spent most of the night taking care of the kids, finally getting all of them to go back to sleep at 4:00 the next morning, cold compresses against all their foreheads and the cats, well, I didn't really know what I could do with them.

Before making breakfast for myself and getting out some crackers for the kids, I decided to check on Taylor, and make sure she had stayed where I had left her. She never liked to sit still, even when she was sick like she was now. 

To my surprise, she still was in bed, but awake, checking her phone, when she saw me, she grinned. "Hey." , she said softly.

"Hey." , I replied, sitting on my side of the bed. "How are you?"

She shrugged. "I'm good. How are the kids?"

"All sick. But I've got them." , I exclaimed seeing her worried.

"Thanks." , she said.

After, I saw the full glass of water on the bedstand next her, and I picked it up and handed it to her. "You need to stay hydrated." , I explained.

"I don't want to." , she complained, handing in back to me. "I'm fine."

"No, you're sick. And you aren't going to get better in you don't drink something."

She pouted, grabbing the glass back and taking a sip smaller then a kid would take. "There." , she said. "Now check on the kids again, they need you more than I do."

"I will." , I said. "As soon as you drink more."

Using the kids as a reason, she took another, larger sip, then once again, handed the glass back to me. "Happy? Check on the kids."

I was. Placing the glass back on the stand, I went back to check on the kids. Daisy was back in the bathroom, Jack pounding on the door, a hand covered his mouth, Patricia was acting just like Taylor, refusing water, and David was asleep, the only peaceful person in this house right now. This was going to be a long day.