The One Part 90

Taylor POV:

No one slept well that night and not even by 10:00 the triplets and Lily had cuddled into Joe and I's bed. To make matters worse, they all had to start school the next day. I would have let all of them skip if it wasn't the first day. Patricia was starting middle school, the complete opposite direction of the elementary school the triplets and Lily would be going to for fourth grade and kindergarten. 

"Have fun on your first day of school." , I said to Lily giving her a hug.

"Thanks, mommy." , she replied before running to catch up with the triplets.

I ran a hand through my hair before unloading yet another box for the kitchen, Joe following.

"What are you looking for." , he asked, rubbing his eyes when it was clear I wasn't unpacking.

"Coffee." , I yawned. "I need coffee."

"Why don't we just go to Starbucks on something today."

"I want my coffee!" , I exclaimed, yanking out the coffee machine and turning it on.

Joe sighed. "Well, I should get back to unpacking. Call me when the coffee's done?" , he asked.

"Yeah."

Later that day I had gotten a good amount of unpacking done. And when I mean good amount I mean two small boxes which actually was pathetic. Through my window, I could see Patricia walking home with someone unfamiliar, a guy. I kept looking to see them talking but I didn't say anything yet since they were only talking. After what felt like forever, the guy leaned in to kiss her. I hated to be that mom but...

"Hi!" , I said loud enough they both could hear.

"Mom!" , she hissed.

"Hi, honey!" , I exclaimed, smirking. "Who's your friend?"

"I'm Alex.", he said politely waving.

"Well, Hi Alex. I'm Patricia's mom. Any reason you were going to kiss her?"

"MOM!" , Patricia said louder.

"Yes?" , I said. "I said sixteen and you are eleven."

"I should go." , Alex announced running the other direction.

"What's wrong with you!" , Patricia screamed coming inside. "You make me move halfway around the world and you scare away my friends?! If you just don't want me to be happy just say it!"

"Just a friend, huh, friend's in my day did not try to kiss each other. Anyway, you've known him for one day."

"Ahhhh!" , she shrieked.

I crossed my arms, not buying it. "I've given you a warning. You're grounded. No hanging out with friends, electronics, or parties, understand?"

Giving one more scream, she stomped upstairs and slammed the door.

Weeks went by and the kids were slowly getting used to the new environment. The triplets and Lily would talk constantly about their new friends and school while Patricia stayed excluded from the family, I would rarely see her come out of her room, but she was too old for me to force her to come out. I just would have to hope time changed things.

Behind me, Joe sighed in frustration and I turned around to look at him. "What's wrong?" , I asked.

"Apparently we left a box at our old house. I'm going to fly back and get it."

"Why can't they just mail it to us?"

"They don't want to pay for shipping." , he responded running a hand through his hair.

"When are you going to leave?" , I asked.

"The sooner the better. I could probably get on a plane today and be home by tomorrow. Can you watch the kids until then?"

I laughed. "I've watched all of them for longer than one day."

"And then Lily broke her leg." , he added.

"Don't start." , I threatened.

Somehow Joe was able to leave today to go back to the old house and I began preparing dinner for the kids, that way, I could have the rest of the day to myself. I knew I was never going on tour again but I had started writing some new songs, and no one knew. Chances are I would play some for Joe's birthday.

Pulling some ingredients from the fridge, I turned on the stove and began cutting vegetables. I didn't care that the kids didn't like them, in Joe and I's house they wouldn't eat unhealthily. I threw the vegetables into the pan and began stirring them while humming a tune to my new song when I heard a knock on the door.

I wasn't expecting any visitors and there were no windows close enough to the door that I could see who it was. Opening the door, I saw a glimpse of Adam before getting knocked unconscious

***

There will be ten more parts in this fanfiction, one will come out every Saturday until part 100!