The One Part 67

Taylor POV:

Patricia and I left early the next morning, I thought it would be good to beat the traffic. I learned how to horseback ride before I learned how to walk and even if Patricia didn't turn into the best horseback rider in the world, I didn't want her to be afraid of them. In fact, Joe didn't want me to go at all because I was so close to having the baby, but I protested, I wanted to get to do something fun before I had five kids.

"Where are we going?" , Patricia finally asked.

I looked at her through my rearview mirror as she gazed out, admiring the huge fields we were passing. There weren't many places like this at home. "We're going horseback riding." , I said.

I didn't hear anything back for a moment. Then, "Really?"

I nodded. "Yeah. You know, the first time I went I was only a couple months old. After about three minutes, my dad, your grandpa had to get me down."

Patricia laughed but I could still tell she was ab it nervous. "And don't worry. I'll be right next to you until you get the hang of it."

After saddling the horse up, I put a step stool in front of it. The horse, Cookie, was medium sized and dark brown. I had ridden her in the past and knew she was really good with kids.

At first, Patricia was hesitant with getting on her, but I had reassured her that she would be fine. I thought she was a little too old for me to ride on the same horse with her. When she finally got on, we slowly started walking around the empty field.

"Mommy?" , she asked about halfway around the field.

"Yes, honey?"

"I know you said that when the new baby comes I might get my own room, right?"

"Yes."

"But can't the new baby, me, and Daisy share a room?"

"Do you want that?" , I asked.

"Uh-huh." , she replied willingly.

"Well." , I began. "I think that's a great idea."

When Patricia finally seemed to get the hang of it, I got on another horse next to her. She didn't seem as nervous either which was a relief to me.

Two months later and I was back to being the most cranky, bloated, disgusting person ever. I had decided weeks ago that I wasn't going to brush my hair until the baby was born because who cares, which meant Joe was in charge of all the kids.

I was scrolling through Instagram on my phone when Joe entered the room, he looked just as miserable as me.

"How are you feeling?" , he asked laying down on the bed next me to close his eyes.

"What do you think?" , I replied angrily. "Where are the kids?"

"I put them all down for naps." , he mumbled, shoving his face into the pillow.

"They never sleep in the middle of the day."

"Yeah, well." , he said beginning to drift off to sleep.

"I'm checking on them." , I announced swinging my feet that were double their normal size out of the bed and began to stand up.

"No..." , Joe whined holding onto my wrist. "Don't leave. I promise they're fine."

I sighed,  I really didn't want to move, so giving up I got back in the bed.

"Joe, I'm-", I looked to my side to realize he was asleep when made me even madder. It felt like I hadn't slept in years. "Joe!" , I shouted slapping the bed next to him.

"What? What? Is the baby coming?" , he asked bolting up.

I laughed at his reaction. "If I can't sleep, neither can you."

Groaning, he lay back down, covering the blanket over his face as I sighed, he was useless so I decided to actually check on the kids. Putting on my slippers and an XL sweatshirt I left the room. The hallway was empty, no toys, or food, or ids so I opted to look in their room.

Slowly making my way down the steps, gripping onto the handrail for support after watching Grey's Anatomy I got to the boy's room and knocked on there door, one hand over my stomach. There was no response so I tried again twisting the doorknob, but it was locked. I had told Joe putting the lock on the inside was a bad idea and I was right.

Patricia POV:

The triplets, me, and Daddy all watched Mommy as she knocked on the boy's door angrily. Since we missed April fools day last year, we were going to prank her and scare her this year. It didn't sound very nice but funny.

I looked up at Daddy for a confirmation and he gave me a nod. 

Kneeling down he whispered, "Three...two...one."

"Boo!" , we all shouted jumping out from behind the staircase to Mommy.

Taylor POV:

I screamed in shock, flashing back to all the times on the Ellen show where I would get scared. I put my hand on my chest and leaned against the doorframe and tried to stay as calm as possible while the kids laughed.

"It was Daddy's idea." , Patricia said to me as they all gave me hugs to there best ability.

I looked up at Joe. I would've punched him if I had the strength or if the kids weren't right there. What was he thinking when he decided to do this to someone who was nine months pregnant?

"Joe." , I said slowly putting a hand on my stomach.