The One Part 84

Taylor POV:

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I was so exhausted, as I slammed my hand down on the alarm to make it stop. Beside me, Joe slowly moving around before sitting up, finding my arm under the blanket.

"I've got the kids. You sleep in." , he said, giving me a quick kiss before getting out of the bed.

"Thank you." , I mumbled sleepily.

A hours later, I woke up again, this time well rested. I could tell Joe was in the room, but he wasn't saying anything, I guess he thought I was still asleep, so I finally decided to sit up.

"Hey." , I said quietly, moving some of my greasy unbrushed hair out of my face.

"Hey." , he replied. "Patricia and the triplets are at school and Lily is at Austin's so we can do whatever you want today."

I grinned. "Well." , I began, getting out of bed. "This is your first day back at home. What do you want to do."

"Whatever you want to do."

"Joe!" , I whined, sitting down in his lap. "I'm being serious."

"So am I." ,  he replied. "Just tell me, anything."

"Fine!" , I groaned, acting upset. But I was actually thrilled that I got to chose. "Remember, before we got married or had kids, we had this bonfire in the backyard and we had a picnic and everything." , I smiled to myself. "It's one of my favorite memories of us, without the kids."

Joe nodded. "That was a great night. So I'll call Austin and see if he'll pick the kids up from school."

It didn't take that long for Joe and I to find the park and it didn't look any different. There was still the wooden swing hanging from the tree, the tree was old and it looked like it was about to break, but I never cared. Jumping out of the car, the ran to it and jumped on it. The swing creak and the tree complained but the branch didn't budge.

"Joe push me! push me!" , I exclaimed like a little kid, kicking my feet.

Joe rolled his eyes, walking over to me. "You're lucky this thing hasn't broken yet." , he said as he began pushing me.

"I love swings!" , I shouted as Joe moved out of the way so he wouldn't get kicked. "In Pennslyvania, there was a swing set, and Austin and would see who could go higher. I always won!"

"No surprise there." , Joe replied. "Now, let's eat. I'll get the food from the car."

I nodded, jumping off the swing and following Joe to the car to help him get some food out of the car. Then, Joe handed me the checkered blanket for the picnic, did he think I couldn't carry more?

"I want to take something else!" , I whined. "I'm strong!" , I said showing him my muscles. "C'mon!"

"Put that on the grass." , he said. "I've got everything else." With that, he picked up the basket, shutting the car door behind him.

"Fine." , I mumbled spreading the blanket on the grass, but something stopped me before I could finish.

Laying perfectly in the center of the blanket was a ring box.