The One Part 43

Taylor POV:

I skipped out on stage signing End Game as all of my 63,000 fans either started screaming, or singing along. Throughout the night I performed like I always did, but I couldn't help thinking about Joe and Patricia, I should have never told them to leave. 

It was getting late. I had just finished Getaway Car, and was backstage changing into my final outfit for the night, while my fans watched pre-recorded videos of my friends and cats. A few minutes later I was back on. I walked over to the piano, sitting down on the bench, and slowly began playing the melody to New Years Day.

Deciding to play New Years Day last was hard, since I first thought it should be Look What You Made Me Do. But since almost all this album was about Joe, I decided that he should get the last song. 

I began playing the song as people quietly sang along. Having the fans know all the words to all the songs would always be my favorite part of performing. When I finished the song and said "goodbye" to my fans, people started spilling out of the area. I imagined the parking lot and metro were going to be a disaster. 

I knew I might be done on stage, but I still had a ton of fans that I was going to meet before I could go to bed, it was almost 1:00.

Joe POV:

As I watch my wife leave the stage, I realized that Patricia had fallen asleep on my shoulder, I couldn't believe she fell asleep with this noise. Even with the headphones it was still pretty loud. I headed quickly towards the stage to catch up with the fans who were headed backstage for the Meet and Greet.

I know Taylor told me to go home, but I also know her better then most people, she wanted me to be here, so I wasn't leaving. The people it front of me were jumping, and trying to contain their excitement, how I felt when Taylor and I first started dating. 

"Oh my gosh!" ,the girl with long dark hair said turning around towards me. She covered her mouth with her hand as her other friends turned around to see what was going on.

I sighed. I was afraid this might happen. Patricia on the other hand, who had woken up seemed amused and was grinning at them. 

"You're Joe Alwyn!" ,the girl gasped suddenly noticing the baby. "And who's this?" ,she asked as Patricia leaned toward her, arms outstretched.

"Um..." ,I thought quickly trying to come up with something. "My cousin Patricia." 

"She's so cute!" ,the girl squealed as I tried to push them all along the narrow hallway, we were falling behind the group. 

"Thanks." ,I said as we hurried along.

"So why are you here?" ,the other girl asked crossing her arms. "Don't you live in like...England or somewhere."

"Shut up! Be nice he's Taylor's boyfriend." ,the girl hissed elbowing her. "I'm sorry for my friend." ,she apologized. "I'm Amy by the way." 

"Well It's nice to meet you both." ,I said as we all entered the room and sat on a couch closest to the door.

"It's so good to meet you too." ,Amy said smiling. "And Patricia." 

"Hey everyone." ,Austin said not noticing me. "Taylor's going to be in, in less then a minute so if you could put all your phones away. Thanks." ,he said leaving the room as the people murmured excitedly 

Taylor POV: 

"Thanks Austin." ,I said right outside the room.

"Uh-huh. This is the only show I'm coming to though." ,he announced as if I didn't already know.

"Got it." ,I said entering the room.

When I came inside I said about 30 fans staring at me wide-eyed. None of them knew what to say, and I grinned.

"Hey everyone!" ,I exclaimed.

"Mommy!" ,Patricia squealed and I looked to my left to see Patricia in Joe's lap. Now, all eyes were on her. No one knew I had a kid!

"I thought you said she was your cousin." ,one of the girls next to Joe said.

"Well...she is." ,Joe responded angrily. 

"So!" ,I said breaking the awkward silence. I didn't want Joe to get in a fight with anyone. "I think I'm going to start on the right side of the room because there are some younger kids her who need to get home." 

Sitting down on the couch next to the little girl and her mom I moved around the room until only Joe and Patricia were left, and they were staying. 

"You stayed." ,I said picking up Patricia and putting her on my lap. 

"Did you really want me to leave?" ,Joe asked.

"No..." ,I mumbled. "But you know you have to eventually. The music is too loud for Patricia. Even with protection." 

"I know." 

"But thank you for staying. It meant a lot to me." 

Joe nodded slowly. "But what about Patricia calling you 'Mommy'? People are going to start finding out." 

"They were bond to find out. And this is a way to." 

"Yeah!" ,Patricia squealed.

"You see. Patricia agrees." ,I smiled kissing her forehead. "Gosh, I don't want either of you to leave. Ever." 

Joe nodded again. "I get it. But...but this is going to work out. We're going to get passed this."

"I...think I'm done after this." 

"What do you mean?" ,Joe asked taking my hand. 

"No more...or albums...or tour."

"Are you sure?" 

I nodded. Joe could quit acting, I could quit touring. I was going to make this last tour count...but I didn't have to tell my fans right away.