The One Part 28

Taylor POV:

A couple months later, we were having a gender reveal party for out baby. Joe and I were sitting at the table in the kitchen, our chairs were touching and Joe's arm was wrapped around me. We had invited all our friends and family but had left fan's out. Joe and I had talked about it and neither of us wanted anyone who wasn't a fan or part of the family knowing.

Everyone became silent when the cake was brought out by Selena. It was white with pink and blue flowers as decoration and at the top it said, boy or girl. The only person who actually knew the gender was my mom who begged to find out at the clinic. I placed a hand on my  stomach which was much bigger, but being out of the spotlight hardly anyone knew. 

We picked up the huge knife that had been put out with the cake and hovered it over the cake. Putting pressure on the knife it dropped down into the soft cake. Pulling it back up we did the same thing creating a perfectly triangular piece of cake and moving the knife underneath it.

 "Ready?" ,I asked Joe and he nodded placing his hand on my stomach too in the way no one could see. "Three...two...one..."

We lifted the cake together and I gasped. Pink. It was a girl!

"Oh my gosh!" ,I cried hugging Joe, burying my face in his shoulder. 

"Oh my gosh." ,he echoed me setting the cake down and wrapping his arms around me as I held back tears. 

"It's a girl." ,I told everyone was staring at us, eager to know but letting us have our moment. Afterwards everyone started cheering and saying things like, 'I told you so' and 'I knew it!' as the cake was passed around. 

A bit later I was talking to Patrick while Joe was getting more drinks out of the fridge.

"So...how are things...with everything." ,he asked awkwardly holding his cup of Root beer, what Joe had said was his favorite soda.

"Good. But's I'm always so hungry and the baby...she likes to wake me up in the middle of the night a lot, She gets that from your brother." ,I said nudging him and he blushed staring at his soda in silence. I felt bad that Joe and Austin seemed to connect so fast, Patrick and I didn't have.

Besides that, I had heard Patrick missed some important senior dance thing for his school to come here, so I didn't expect him to be having the time of his life at a gender reveal party for his brother's girlfriend. 

"Hey...thanks for coming. It means a lot to me that's you're here. Sorry about the dance." ,I said rubbing my arms. 

"Ehh...It's fine. I didn't really want to go to the dance in the first. Just some dumb fundraiser thing my mom wanted me to go to. At least this place has cake." ,he mumbled looking up at me.

"Well I'm glad you found a bright side of this." ,I said. As he looked back up at me I felt I pang in my stomach and winced this was the first time I had felt the baby kick. 

"Are you okay?" ,Patrick asked seeming worried.

"Yeah." ,I breathed leaning against the table as it happened again. "The baby's kicking." 

He looked at me terrified as it happened again and again. I guess he thought it was a bad thing.

"It's not...bad." ,I explained as he still looked terrified. He looked exactly like his brother. "Do you want to feel?" ,I asked.

"Sure..." ,he mumbled setting down his cup as I took his hand and pressed it up against my stomach where the baby was kicking. He seemed uneasy at first, then all of a sudden the baby kicked and a smile appeared on his face.

"Wow...that's insane!" ,he laughed as it happens again. "Doesn't it hurt?"

"Oh it does." ,I said smiling. 

"Have you thought about what you're going to name her?" ,he asked seeming a little more chill picking back up his drink and taking a sip. 

"Not yet...not at all. Have any ideas?" ,I asked.

"Well there's this girl at my school, she's a grade younger then me and all..." ,he began getting nervous again "Her name is Patricia. It's just an option but I thou-"

"I love that name." ,I smiled "I think it sounds perfect." 

"Really." ,he said sounding surprised 

"Yeah! I'm going to have to talk it over with Joe first. But I like it."

Patrick smiled. For once it felt like we had actually connected which was the greatest feeling. 

About an hour later everyone had left since I was starting to feel tired and it was getting late. I was on my side of the bed, reading when Joe came in to get ready.

"Hey!" ,I said titling my reading glasses down and squinting to see him. "Did you like the party." ,I asked setting the book down and switching for my long distance glasses.

"Yeah it was fun." ,he said taking off his shirt.

"Did you like what gender our baby is going to be?" ,I asked moving closer to him.

"Whatever makes you happen." ,he whispered sitting down in bed next to me. 

"Oh my gosh." ,I said smiling "You wanted it to be a boy, didn't you." ,I asked more surprised then mad. He had seemed happy. 

"I did. But I'm not complaining that it's going to be a girl." ,he said.

"Well, good." ,I smirked giving him a quick kiss on the nose. "'Cause I...or well...your brother was thinking." 

"What he asked looking over at me and rubbing his eyes. We were both really tired and had gotten little sleep because of our baby.

"About the name of our baby." ,I began.

"Yeah?" ,he asked.

"Well your brother came up with the name Patricia and I think it's a really pretty name and I was wondering if you would consider letting that be the name of our baby." ,I blurted out.

Joe smiled as if what I had just said was funny.

"What?" ,I asked.

"Why did you said that as if I was going to say no?" ,he asked taking my hands in his.

"I don't know...I just...I don't know." ,I mumbled "Well..." 

"I love that name...but let's wait until Patricia is born until we tell Patrick we chose that name okay?" I nodded "I saw you and him were talking a lot today. Did you get to bond a bit." ,he asked as we lay down.

"Yes!" ,I said enthusiastically "I felt like I really got to connect with him. You know, 'cause you and Austin are so close. And...I felt the baby kick!" 

"Oh my gosh that's great!" ,Joe exclaimed "Well, you are seven months pregnant." 

"I know." ,I said "It just reminds that this is really really happening. It's exciting...and painful." ,I said and we laughed. 

"Well...two more months." ,Joe said.

"Yeah..." ,I replied "Two more months."