The One Part 63

Taylor POV:

"Mommy, I'm home!" , Patricia shouted walking into my house.

"Hi, Patricia." , Daisy said running over to give her a hug. I was so glad that they were best friends.

"How was school today?" , I asked giving her a hug.

"Good." , she replied putting her princess backpack on a hook. "But...what's a boyfriend?"

It felt like I had just skipped a heartbeat and I held my breath. I knew I couldn't call for Joe to come down since he was still grocery shopping. Patricia stared at me waiting but I had no idea what to say. 

I knelt down by her. "Why do you ask, honey?" 

"Well. A girl in sixth grade today how many boyfriends I've had and broken up with because my Mommy's Taylor Swift." she paused for a moment. "What does that even mean?"

I wasn't expecting that and was so embarrassed. "You have nothing to worry about." , I told her. "Now why don't you go do your homework."

Not soon enough, Joe was back with the groceries and I was freaking out. "Hey." , I said walking out to the car with him to take some of the lightest bags in.

"Hey." , he said giving me a kiss and like always, knowing something was wrong. "Is everything okay?" 

"No.", I mumbled running my fingers through my hair and sighing. "Apparently someone at school asked Patricia how many boyfriends she's had and broken up with because I'm her mom. She's never going to have a normal life! Why are we even bothering having another baby! It's all my fault!"

"It's alright." , he said softly wrapping his arms around me as I began crying. "It's not your fault."

"Yes, it is! She's in second grade, this shouldn't be happening" , I mumbled into his shirt. 

"But isn't not your fault. And we'll figure something else. We'll talk to the school." 

"What if nothing works!"

"Something will."

Patricia POV:

"Patricia, I think something's wrong with Mommy." , Daisy said to me peering out the window. 

I left my desk to see what was going on. Daisy was right, it did look like something was wrong. Our mom's face was bright red and it looked like she had been crying. 

"It's fine." , I told her putting a hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry." 

"I'm going to ask her." , Daisy said ignoring what I had just said.

"No.", I said strictly. "We should just stay out of her way for a bit. She's going to be fine."

"You aren't the boss of me!" , she yelled storming to the door.

"Yes, I am!" , I yelled back. "And you will listen to what I tell you!"

"No, I won't!" , I screamed

Taylor POV:

Faintly, I could hear something. Was it the kids?

Sniffing, I pulled away from Joe and wiped my eyes. "Do you hear the kids...arguing?" , I asked.

Joe paused for a second. "I think so. You go check on them and I'll get the rest of the groceries."

I nodded going into the house. As I got closer to there room I could tell it was Daisy and Patricia fighting although I didn't know what about. I leaned against the door, I didn't know how long they were fighting for, but I wondered if they could resolve it. 

"Waaaaaaah!" 

One of my kids crying was enough to make me come in the room. And when I did Daisy was on the floor sobbing her hand covered her face while Patricia stared at me speechless.