The One Part 89

Taylor POV:

Moving day was a couple months later. Joe and I decided that it was best if the kids finished school so that the transition was at least a little easier. The triplets seemed okay with the idea of moving to California, quite possibly because they were all going to be getting their own rooms. Lily was still a little too young to care but Patricia was furious. 

When I went into the boy's room to see how their packing was going, I realized what a mess it was, I should've known they would need help. Jack was jumping on his bed which was covered in unfolded clothes, most of which didn't even fit him ad David was popping the bubble wrap. Seeing me, both of them froze.

"Jack, David, we are leaving the first thing tomorrow. Do you have anything packed?" , I asked sternly.

Jack jumped off his bed, David stepped off the bubble wrap and they both shook their heads.

I sighed. "Ask if you need help." , I exclaimed. "I'm going to check on your sisters but when I come back in here, I want to see some progress."

Going back into the hallway to check on the girls, I apssedJOe and both of us immediately stopped, he was holding a huge, empty, cardboard box and sighed. "Will we be able to get this entire house packed by tomorrow?" , he asked. "Maybe we should consider moving in a week or something."

"No.", I protested. "If we don't move tomorrow I'm afraid we'll never move."

He nodded. "Just think about it, okay?" , he said before leaving.

No one knew this, but I didn't just want to move because California was so beautiful and there were great schools, colleges, and jobs right nearby. Having to file restraining orders on three people right outside our house this year who had knives and ropes scared me. I could get security shoulder to shoulder outside my house and some how people still found ways to get in. The house in California would be far away from those people and in a much safer area. 

Walking into the girl's room, I exhaled in relief. Daisy and Lily were almost done packing, Patricia angrily tossing clothes into a box. I just dreaded when I would have to iron all of them.

"Oh, thank you so much, girls." , I exclaimed. "I'm so happy all of you are almost done packing, you're brothers have so much more to do. And for that, I'm going to let all of you all have first dibs on the rooms at the new house."

Saying that made even Patricia brighten up a little as I left the room to find packing.

After a dreadful, tiring night and plane ride, we got to the new house. Patricia had picked the second biggest room in the house, Joe and I obviously got the biggest. The triplets and Lily were running around the mostly empty house finding their boxes, but when I checked, Patricia was sitting on her bed, the only object in her room, frowning. I hated seeing her like this, and slowly, I walked into her room, sitting on the bed next to her.

"I'm really sorry we left." , I finally said. "I know you had a lot of friends at home."

She nodded. "Then why did we leave?" , she asked.

I sighed, she was old enough. "Well." , I began. "I finally feel like you're old enough to hear this. You know I use to perform, and be...well...famous." , she nodded. "Not everyone in the world likes me. And some very bad people sometimes want to hurt me."

"Oh." , Patricia said sadly. "Have they ever hurt you?"

"Luckily, no." , I replied putting an arm around her. "We have other people to protect us."

There was a long pause then Patricia said, "Do they want to hurt me?"

"No, I don't think so, honey."

At that point, I realized she was crying and I wrapped her in my arms. "Why are you crying, honey?" , I asked.

"I don't want the bad people to hurt me." , she cried into my shoulder. "Mommy, never let them hurt me."

I kissed the top of her head and held her as tight as I could. "I promise." , I said.