The One Part 86

Taylor POV:

The months that felt as short as minutes passed and soon it was Lily's third birthday. She had been asking for a new dream house for some of her birthdays, and obviously overdoing it like I do for the other kids, I found the most amazing, huge, house I could for her, I loved the expression on my kid's face when they got something they really wanted.

Patricia and the triplets had woken up early to surprise Lily. They were all hiding behind the counter, ready to jump out. Less then a minute later, Lily came into view, her pajamas were still on and she rubbed her eyes, yawning.

"Goodmorning, Lily." , Joe said.

"Goodmorning Daddy." , Daisy replied.

"Happy birthday!" , Patricia and the triplets shouted jumping from behind the counter and successfully surprising Lily, her eyes huge.

Catching her breath, Lily's face turned into a huge grin. "Thank you!" , she exclaimed as they all gave her hugs.

Joe and I had learned from earlier experiences to do the presents first thing in the morning or else the kids would be asking all day to open them, it was just easier this way. So, we all gathered in the living room, Lily getting to sit on the footrest part of the couch today.

There were five presents in front of her. One from Joe and I, and one from each of her siblings.

"Alright." , Joe said beside me. "Who wants to give Lily her present first?"

"Me! Me!" , David exclaimed handing Lily the medium sized box.

When she unwrapped it, we saw it was a Barbie and the rest of her presents from the kids were too. Joe had taken all of them to Toys R Us the same day so there would be no overlapping. Joe and I's were last, but the house was so heavy, Lily had to open it on the floor.

Ripping off the paper, relieved our gift and she gasped, her bright blue eyes staring going back and forth from me to Joe.

"A Barbie dream house!" , she exclaimed. "Thank you, Mommy and Daddy." , she said giving both of us hugs. "I love it."

Unfortunately, Lily had school today, so we sent her there with a couple packs of cupcakes and when she came home, there was cake, Red Velvet being her favorite, covered in Vanilla frosting and saying 'Happy 3rd Birthday Lily.'

Gathering around the table, we all sang Happy Birthday and she blew out the four candles, one for good luck. After the kids had eaten way too much cake, they all went to bed with stomach aches and Joe and went back to our room.

I was laying in the bed while Joe was still getting ready, to be honest, I had eaten way to much cake too.  "Good presents, check. Kids getting to school on time, check. Eating way too much cake, check." , I groaned clutching my stomach.

"Are you okay." , Joe asked laying down next to me.

I nodded. "I just feel a bit-", then I sprinted to the bathroom and began throwing up, Joe following. When I had finished, I collapsed against Joe, remembering how many times this happened when I was pregnant.

"Out of everyone I thought was going to get sick from cake today, I was not expecting you."

"Shut up." , I mumbled moving my head to his chest. "I really don't feel good."

Joe felt my forehead, his cold hand felt nice and he frowned. "You really don't feel good. C'mon, I'll help you back in bed."

"No.", I mumbled curling down on the cool floor. "It's cool in here."

"Yes, but I'm not allowing you to sleep in the bathroom."

With that, carefully, he lifted me from the floor and back into bed, which was a mistake and caused me to run straight back to the bathroom, hardly making it. I must have passed out or something because when I woke up I was back in my bed. Looking around the room, I noticed there was a trashcan next to me and some water next to me, but Joe was nowhere to be seen and I was too weak to find him, so with that, I went back to sleep.