The One Part 42

Taylor POV:

I had just landed in Arizona, and was headed straight towards the stadium. Even though I had time to go to, what would be my hotel room for the next two days, we wanted to run through everything one more time, before the big night.

Never performing at the stadium before, I was shocked at how big it was, getting this special jolt of excitement I hadn't felt since the 1989 world tour. Being so awestruck, I didn't realize that someone was behind me. 

"This place is so huge!" ,he said in a British accent.

Turning around, surprised I realized that it was Ed, who was suppose to be with his Fiancee planning their wedding.

"Ed!" ,I squealed hugging him. "You came!"

I had sent him an e-mail a couple weeks ago asking him if he wanted to perform the first night of the tour. But since he didn't respond, although we kept it as an option, I assumed he wasn't coming. 

"Yeah..." ,he said looking away for a moment. "But...I wouldn't miss the first day of your tour! Where's Joe, anyway?"

"At home with Patricia." 

"You sure?" ,he asked glancing at me.

"Yeah..." ,I began slowly. "Why?" 

Through the door I had just come through a minute ago, Joe appeared, Patricia asleep on his shoulder. 

"Hey." ,he said softly so he wouldn't wake Patricia.

 I looked at him, back to Ed, then back to him again. I must have been dreaming this, it was impossible.

"You knew about this?!" ,I asked Ed who was grinning.

He shrugged. "No. I bumped into them when I was walking in a minute ago." 

I looked at him one more time, waiting for me to do something, anything. So I turned my back to him and bolted.

About an hour later Joe found me in my dressing room crying. I was shocked he didn't think of looking here first, or maybe it was because he needed to find someone to watch Patricia or he was talking to Ed about what just happened. 

"Hey." ,he said softly, knocking on the door and coming in. "What happened out there."

"Nothing." ,I mumbled. "It's just...you should go."

"Why? We came here to surprise you. The plan was you would be surprised and happy."

I sniffed and wiped my eyes as Joe knelt down in front of me. "What's wrong, sweetheart?"

"Lea...ving yesterday was s...so hard. I don't want to have to say goodbye to you again today. It's just to h...hard. Please leave." ,I begged standing up and moving to the other side of the room. "It's not fair to any of us."

Joe nodded slowly, trying to understand. "Can we at least stay for your show tonight?" ,he asked hopefully.

I shook my head as more tears fell down my cheeks. "How's Patricia taking it?" 

"Not well, she missed you a lot."

"Well...I don't want her hearing the songs. Not at her age." 

The door knocked, I was saved! 

"Hey Taylor." ,he said rubbing the back of his neck embarrassed when he saw both of us. "We need you on stage in five for one more run." 

"I'll be right there." ,I said quickly as the door shut with a click turning to face Joe again. 

"Goodbye." ,I said giving Joe one more kiss before leaving. "I love you." 

He didn't respond, but I didn't expect him to. I knew I would be frustrated if he did something like this to me. I felt bad about doing this, but I knew it was the right thing to do, at least I thought. 

After going through the performance and the sound booth, it was started to get late, Charlie XCX was already on the stage as I scurried around backstage, Joe really had left. Even though I told him 100 times to leave, I was shocked.

"Nervous?" ,Ed asked next to me as I looked into the crowd of my fans holding posters, and dressed as "old" me's. 

"No..." ,I lied swallowing. "You?" This was going to be his first performance in a while too. 

"A bit." ,he blushed.

I nodded. "Me too." 

Joe didn't call me before the show that day, so I assumed that he was just on the plane. Time seemed to fly after that, I got to meet some fans before the show, but my costumes were going to be a surprise to everyone.

I peeked out from backstage again. Everyone was chattering excitedly at the sky darkened. My mouth dried, but there was no water. I was on in one minute. 

All of a sudden, everyones snake bracelets lit up the arena and the intro to 'Ready for It' began blasting, even though I could hardly hear it with my ear piece. I knew it was time and ran out onto the stage.

***

I'm sorry. I'm really trying to cut down on cliff hangers, but I had to for this part. Sorry.